Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescheduling Halloween?

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/...0681319482359/

HARTFORD, Conn., Oct. 24 (UPI) -- A Connecticut lawmaker says he wants to change the traditional Oct. 31 date of Halloween to the last Saturday of the month for safety and other reasons. The change would make the holiday easier for working parents, safer for trick-or-treaters and would boost the economy as well, state Rep. Tim Larson said.
    Personally, I hate Halloween. :gasp: But I'm wondering what it will make safer and if it will "boost the economy" with anything other than an increase in egg sales.

Over the top or a good choice?
    October 31st.
    60.00%
    Saturdays.
    20.00%
    I could care less.
    20.00%

stupid. let the kids go out for candy by themselves
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

sounds like a lot of wasted effort/breath over something inconsequential
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

sooooo can we move christmas to friday so we get thursday & friday off all the time
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

personally i could care less, however it would be more sensible to do it on he last saturday, i mean it falls randomly with a fixed date and does cause some BS for parents and others, dunno about the safety or profit thing however it would be cooler on a gauranteed weekend. personally if they got rid of it altogether i would be totally indifferent about it the opening day of hunting season is MUCH more important IMHO
          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
          https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
          I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
          -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

makes sense. Bars can have massive halloween parties, aka boosting revenues there, not to mention the countless DUI's the state can cash in on.....

All while little children are dressed in black and scurrying across dark roads in the elusive quest for mountains of candy.

I can say that when halloween was on the weekend, it was always more of an event, because it was a whole day thing.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
              sooooo can we move christmas to friday so we get thursday & friday off all the time
              -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
              -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                i mean it falls randomly with a fixed date and does cause some BS for parents and others, dunno about the safety or profit thing
                Randomly? Its a fixed date every year, doesn't get much less random than that. Also, I don't see how its a burden for parents, how late are you out with your kids, 10:00 max? And as far as parties/bars are concerned, people will just celebrate it on the weekend like this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  And as far as parties/bars are concerned, people will just celebrate it on the weekend like this year.
                  This. Halloween festivities are always the weekend closest to October 31st. Won't stop bars/parties.

Comment

And as far as parties/bars are concerned, people will just celebrate it on the weekend like this year.
                    when i was at school, halloween was almost a week long celebration. it didn't matter when halloween actually fell, because you were celebrating all week/weekend long
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

I miss Halloween in college.
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by TSISam View Post
                        This. Halloween festivities are always the weekend closest to October 31st. Won't stop bars/parties.
                        when i was at school, halloween was almost a week long celebration. it didn't matter when halloween actually fell, because you were celebrating all week/weekend long
                        exactly, parties will start thurs and go through monday this year

probably makes it even more profitable for bars because people are going out every night

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                          i wonder why

i miss it too, just cause i loved dressing up and being able to have multiple costumes each year
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Randomly? Its a fixed date every year, doesn't get much less random than that. Also, I don't see how its a burden for parents, how late are you out with your kids, 10:00 max? And as far as parties/bars are concerned, people will just celebrate it on the weekend like this year.
                            no i meant randomly through the week each year, and i guess random wasnt a good choice haha, more like advances each year
                            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                            -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post

i loved dressing up
                              full circle
                              - Will