That time of the year again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That time of the year again...

This morning it finally hit me like an overloaded tractor trailer barreling down route 15 at 55 miles per hour only to realize there was a low underpass 50 yards ahead; It is now warmer inside my bed than it is outside. In pure arrogance, I still refuse to close my windows at night and wear sweaters outside on a day to day basis, hoping that maybe it will get warmer or stay within the temperture range of 75 degrees. I removed the covers from myself at around 0745, clad only in boxers and a t shirt, and found the frigid air to be less than ideal. I cacoonrf myself back into the burning warmth and stayed there until 0825, where I finally had to concede like a beaten gladiator from a time before and face the fact that I had to go to work.

The jeep started up normally and sputtered out of my driveway as I feel the fuel delivery system inside my gas tank is slowly failing because of a traumatizing dent in the dead center of it. I'll get around to it this winter, I thought to my self as I passed a howling racket of mack trucks and bulldozers of a neighbors house. Too early in the morning did they start their work of laying brick and mortar and rock into a new driveway start. Absurd. Firebombs may be in order if they don't finish ASAP status.

The local deli was barren, and as much as I enjoy Dunkin Donuts, their hot chocolate is not unlike drinking plasma; a Scorching hot concoction of hydrogen atoms vaporizing your tongue with a tinge of cocoa goodness to attempt to ease the pain of having your mouth become a forge at a steel plant. The hot chocolate at the deli is managable, you can actually drink it from the machine if you really wanted to as it is on the warmer side of Hot, rather than the colder side of The Surface of the Sun.

$2 on the counter and I was gone, back into my jeep and headed towards work and I was about to begin my day. In that time of being inside my jeep, thought enclosed, completely wide open to the elements due to a poor door seal and nothing lining up anymore, I sipped my warm cocoa and took the time to reflect. The leaves have already begun to change, hot chocolate will be something I will consume most every day and Dickerman and others will soon be yearning for that Eggnogg goodness in no time and partake in a great journey to obtain the very first drop.

As I passed that asshole cop who pulled me over the other day, I also thought about the strange human patterns I observe during this season. The human race becomes migratory in a way. Many flock to the south to breed or just escape the impending cold, and others actually travel north into the barren wildernessess of the Northeast to watch the frail trees turn colors and die in the largest case of morbid beauty on this planet. I'm sure if humans turned all shades of colors before they die, we would embrace it a little more.

My shop isn't heated yet, once again, our arrogance overwhelming, our refusal to accept the inevitable cold still lingers. I sipped my hot chocolate and decided to make this post as a true reflection to finally accept it; Fall isn't so bad after all.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Last image of fall in the fifth paragraph is my favorite, would make a good poem.
    dirty30

Comment

Id love some DD hot chocolate right now. Fall is my favorite, here it will get into the mid 60s during the day but drop to the mid 30s at nite. This is perfect to me.

Comment

I'm not reading all of that
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

that was rather enjoyable and so perfectly true. i love fall

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          The local deli was barren, and as much as I enjoy Dunkin Donuts, their hot chocolate is not unlike drinking plasma; a Scorching hot concoction of hydrogen atoms vaporizing your tongue with a tinge of cocoa goodness to attempt to ease the pain of having your mouth become a forge at a steel plant. The hot chocolate at the deli is managable, you can actually drink it from the machine if you really wanted to as it is on the warmer side of Hot, rather than the colder side of The Surface of the Sun.
          i'm dieing laughing. whenever i get a dunkin coffee i have to let it sit for a half an hour before i can actually drink it.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I felt the earth tilt on its axis. Trippy
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

When I realized there was no egg nog picture, I stopped reading.
              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Working...
              X