Pistol recomendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol recomendation?

Looking for a pistol for my wife basically she has been totally against guns but is starting to turn around especially now we kid crawling around.

Had me thinking I don't have a gun at home for her. I carry my glock 27 every day since we brought my son home. But all I have at home is a couple .22s and a hunting rifle non of which will be very effective.

What would you recommend both caliper and brand/model.
    Something small I want it to be hers so she can get familiar with it so when she does carry but at the same time easy to shoot, I don't want anything that is going to jump out of her hands.

I don't know too much about all the different calipers I see a lot in the 380 but the guns range from smaller than my hand to full size pistols. Does a 380 have enough stopping power. I don't know much about all the different calipers out there.

Nothing crazy priced but I don't mind paying for quality and reliability.

Basically what would you carry if you had small girly hands?

~Justin
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post

Basically what would you carry if you had small girly hands?

~Justin
    better wait for jon on this one
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

.45 glock
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

the s&w body guards are pretty awesome especially for your wife they would be nice cause in a defense situation the have a laser sight on them. they have the .38 special revolver 5 round and the other one is a .380 pistol 6+1 both are great guns i have personally fired both no complaints from either the pistol version runs about $100 less if i remember correctly around $400 and the revolver around $500. and a .380 or .38 would stop somebody especially if you use a defense round. hope this helps some

Comment

Ruger SR9c, Beretta 84, Ruger LCP / LCR.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I have an LCP and I love it, not a gun to shoot a billion rounds at the range with but it slips in my pocket and no one knows its there.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
              better wait for jon on this one
              <--- Thats me giving you the cutest damn middle finger ever. Fudge packer.
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I have a 380 khar and its a small awesome gun, but i use it for carry only, not home defense.

if its strictly for home use i would get a .40 cal or 9mm. I find 9mm to be a bit "snappy" and 40 cal not as jumpy. Khar makes a great simple gun (made in mass) that is slim in both cals. Go to hoffmans and you can try both guns in the range b4 you buy.

http://www.kahr.com/kahr-quality-guns.asp

most of their guns are single stack mags so they are nice and thin
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

+1 on the Khars. Ugly, but rediculously simple and easy to use.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I'll take a look at the khar I like simple it reminds me of a glock

I know it's not the best home defense size but if I had a full size pistol it would probably sit in the safe. something small like the 380 she might actually use
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

then i think the best for her would be the khar 380 or the sig p238

my buddy has they gun, its small, easy to shoot, light, accurate and just a nice well made gun
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                          Ruger SR9c, Beretta 84, Ruger LCP / LCR.
                          + 1 on the SR9c. I have a full frame sr9 that I have put 3500+ rounds through anything from cheap reloads to corbon pdx's to +p+ rounds and it takes them no problem. I have had exactly ONE issue. After shooting many cheap reloads without cleaning it for say 300 rounds it had a failure to chamber. Light bump on the slide and it fully chambered and continued without a hitch.
                          Rice
                          13 BRZ G machine
                          02 WRX Rally Whore
                          95 Neon Sport Coupe 2.4 liter 11:1 comp race motor
                          08 Kawasaki ZX6R solar yellow 112.4whp

Comment

Any info on the diamond back?
                            http://diamondbackfirearms.com/DB380/
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Working...
                            X