Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know somoene that works at a power plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know somoene that works at a power plant?

Looking to get away from shipping and come home for a shore job. I`m really just looking to get my foot in the door somewhere. I would perfer if that door led into Milstone Nuclear or Clean Energy System in Middletown. Perfer a position as an operating engineer as that is one of my jobs on the ship as well as maintenance. I have a B.S. degree in Marine Engineering (Systems Engineering) and worked on liquid natural gas ships for about 3 or 4 years now. Been a Licensed 3rd engineer for 1.5 years and currently sailing 2nd engineer.

If anyone works at or knows of a place thats hiring please let me know, I would appreciate it.
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Corey Tondreau does.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

So does Owen if I'm not mistaken.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
        I have a B.S. degree in Marine Engineering (Systems Engineering) Been a Licensed 3rd engineer for 1.5 years and currently sailing 2nd engineer.
        I always thought you were a moron...
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Or any kind of plant support. I do vibration analysis here and was looking into shore jobs for that too

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            Corey Tondreau does.
            corey does not work for milstone anymore
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Corey Tondreau does not.
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Damn really

Comment

Owen works at a plant in wallingford, also My father has worked at Millstone & cleanenergy years ago as a pipefitterdoing mostly welding.

Comment

my moms a millwright with 1121 and shes working at milstone right meow i could ask questions i guess
                    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                    97' zj
                    2012 surbra imperza DD
                    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

go be an engineer for gas drilling out in pa. make 6 figures driving around in a brand new duramax and get a place to live and a 35k spending budget a year....need i say more? why the fuck am i still a mechanic?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

i keep in close touch with the people over at millstone, as of right now they still aren't hiring people. haven't in a few years due to the economy, layed off several hundred people though

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                          i keep in close touch with the people over at millstone, as of right now they still aren't hiring people. haven't in a few years due to the economy, layed off several hundred people though
                          that sucks my moms working 7/12's there
                          what type of people did they lay off?
                          2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                          97' zj
                          2012 surbra imperza DD
                          im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                            that sucks my moms working 7/12's there
                            what type of people did they lay off?
                            all sorts, she works as a contractor i'm assuming. contractors come and go all the time. it's outage time right now so everyone is working crazy hours.the actual "in house" people that i'm talking about were part of the layoff last year and they came from every department at the plant pretty much. sort of a cutting of the fat.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                              I do vibration analysis
                              Ohhhh really???
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X