Skype users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype users

Anyone here use skype? How easy is the program to use? What kind of cameras are available at a decent price...same with Mics.

My mother has one of these new fangled Smart Boards in her classroom and she now has the ability to 'Skype' with people rather than pay them to come into the class. I told her I'd help her out with some of the cost on the equipment but I have no experience with the program itself or the cameras / mics.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

program is extremely simple and easy to use, just hop on the site and download and install it. as far as camera and mics go i have seen them starting at 20$ and up to i am not sure how much but i know i saw a few for around 50-60. the camera and mic is generally integrated too but you have to check and be sure.

also tigerdirect.com is a great place to get great prices on computers/electronics

anyone correct me if i am wrong
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
      program is extremely simple and easy to use, just hop on the site and download and install it. as far as camera and mics go i have seen them starting at 20$ and up to i am not sure how much but i know i saw a few for around 50-60. the camera and mic is generally integrated too but you have to check and be sure.

also tigerdirect.com is a great place to get great prices on computers/electronics

anyone correct me if i am wrong

i will second this it is super easy, i use it all the time at college to talk to my parents and friends. MY parents figured it out and they dont kno how to check their email, and no im not exaggerating. the onlything i hate is spam email witch you get a little bit of but i just made the first one spam and now they all filter into that folder
      -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
      -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
      -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
      -57 GMC Pickup
      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Is there any camera brand that you guys can recommend or are they all more or less the same?
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Lived on skype while i was abroad... my whole family learned to use it really quickly. I didn't use webcam at the time so i know nothing about them, just used it for audio and it was just as good as a phone call even from that far away. Used a very basic old school mic so I'm sure anything would work fine.

Comment

chatroulette
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by TSISam View Post
              Lived on skype while i was abroad... my whole family learned to use it really quickly. I didn't use webcam at the time so i know nothing about them, just used it for audio and it was just as good as a phone call even from that far away. Used a very basic old school mic so I'm sure anything would work fine.
              Old school mic works great. I had one of those language softwares because it taught better than my high school teacher, I used the el cheapo mic that came with that for Skype when I was at school and it worked swimmingly.
              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
              MK2 Jetta > M3
              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                chatroulette
                this sawsome tits from the uk.
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                  this sawsome tits from the uk.
                  after seeing how many dicks?

went on it a few times with my old roomie just as a joke. never saw boobs, just dicks.
                  mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                  and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Is there any camera brand that you guys can recommend or are they all more or less the same?
                    i just use the camera on my mac. but i know they are pretty cheap so worth a shot!
                    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Working...
                    X