New Ford Escape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    the thread on the raptor forum is from a group of people who abused it heavily on a run/race...also hitting a dip/hole so hard at speed that the people inside were grunting..theres video of it

they made a huge deal out of it...IMO it would be akin to me getting up in arms with daimler chrysler for me bending my unibody on O trail
    I'm more or less surprised that Ford didn't think to reinforce that area when the decided to put the offroad suspension and whatnot onto the truck. Yeah, I know, Ford doesn't want people to take their vehicle offroad, just like every other company...but if you offer an offroad vehicle to the public with upgraded suspension and tires, you have to expect them to beat the shit out of it.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      I'm more or less surprised that Ford didn't think to reinforce that area when the decided to put the offroad suspension and whatnot onto the truck. Yeah, I know, Ford doesn't want people to take their vehicle offroad, just like every other company...but if you offer an offroad vehicle to the public with upgraded suspension and tires, you have to expect them to beat the shit out of it.
      agreed. while i don't know if the raptor frame rails are more reinforced than the stock f-150 rails you would think they would reinforce it a little bit more. although it is absolutely not fords problem that these people jumped their trucks up to 150mph and bent the rails. warranties take care of mechanical defect problems or workmanship errors. regardless if it is an offroad vehicle or not this shouldn't be covered. same as a clutch on a ford gt is not covered under warranty. you break it you fix it.

sorry i went off on another tangent with that. i do agree obviously that if you are building a factory offroad truck that they should have beefed up the frame
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

people do beat them up

if youre driving off road at speed to the point where you are hitting big enough that youre grunting like class 1 cars crashing in baja..then you may need to rethink the vehicle youre using

the raptor isnt a prerunner, its an f150 with an upgraded suspension and motor package
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          the raptor isnt a prerunner, its an f150 with an upgraded suspension and motor package
          truth. it just shows the things are possible with the f-150 model and is more or less intended for on road or expedition excursions but at normal speeds
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

vids cuz it happened

the gopro on course for getting race cars...just happened to capture the escape in action on drop off and pick up

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89HkYGtNGDs[/ame]
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
              agreed. while i don't know if the raptor frame rails are more reinforced than the stock f-150 rails you would think they would reinforce it a little bit more. although it is absolutely not fords problem that these people jumped their trucks up to 150mph and bent the rails. warranties take care of mechanical defect problems or workmanship errors. regardless if it is an offroad vehicle or not this shouldn't be covered. same as a clutch on a ford gt is not covered under warranty. you break it you fix it.

sorry i went off on another tangent with that. i do agree obviously that if you are building a factory offroad truck that they should have beefed up the frame
              They should have a cage option from the factory to beef up the frame structure.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...84851318208569

Hopefully the hill climb out of the creek bottom will surface soon.
                -Erik
                Miller Motorsports #4421 : 1st Overall - 2010 Ultra4 IEC Series , 2010 Line Mtn. Race Series
                Thanks to: BFGoodrich, Spidertrax, The Axle Exchange, Metro Printing & Promo, North Jersey Jeep Club, CTM, RadFlo Shocks, Schwanke Engines, HeavyMetalConcepts, EMS Offroad

Comment

Originally posted by ne14jpn View Post
                  https://www.facebook.com/video/video...84851318208569

Hopefully the hill climb out of the creek bottom will surface soon.
                  when we returned it, the guy looked at us and asked where we went....he thought we came from burning man
                  mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                  and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

the escape will not be denied
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                    X