X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th ANNUAL NJ PINE BARRENS CLEANUP

copied this from jeepforum.

10th ANNUAL PINE BARRENS CLEANUP at WHARTON STATE FOREST

10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a DECADE!!!!!!!!

Come and take part in the largest one-day volunteer event at Wharton State Forest in New Jersey. On Oct 23rd 2011 at 9:00 AM the 10th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP will begin with a sign up at the Atsion Ranger stations [where raffle tickets will also be sold to help defray the cost of wings and to support toys for kids] and conclude with the raffle and wing fest at the Pic a Lilly restaurant on rt 206 [they always help us out too]

Last year OVER 300 men, women and children collected two 30 cubic yard dumpsters full of trash while making new friends and enjoying the wonders of the pines. While doing this they worked up a voracious appetite that was satiated by hundreds of wings donated by clubs, businesses and individuals. Everyone had a great time and said they couldn’t wait till next year.

We are now soliciting past participants, 4 wheel drive clubs and local and national business’ to contribute time and resources to make this year’s event another overwhelming success.

This as a great opportunity to showcase a partnership for keeping our state lands clean and our right to transverse them unhindered. The rangers and staff at Wharton have embraced us and lend their time and support to help us have a safe and fun time. Terry at the ranger station has been a godsend to us and NOW MORE than ever the state of NJ park and forest system needs our help.

ALSO REMEMBER to bring toys for the disadvantaged kids who live where we wheel..

Last year we collected a lot of stuff for needy children for the holidays at the sign up spot at the Atsion ranger station and bought an additional 850 dollars worth of toys with the money YOU contributed!!!!!!!

Please be a part of this worthwhile event. Contact Michael Tarsia to see how your family, organization or business can contribute to this worthy cause.

Thank you in advance for your dedication to a beautiful, clean and accessible state forest system.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS ON YOUR LOCAL CLUB or MAGAZINE EVENT PAGE TO GET THE WORD OUT!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!

MIKE TARSIA

LAST YEAR WE HAD A GOOD SHOWING OF MEMBERS. COME OUT FOR THE DAY TO SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE AND HELP OUT THE KIDS AND THE ENVIRONMENT.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17027520?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="265" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/17027520">2010 Annual Pine Barrens 4 Wheel Drive Clean-up</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4132444">Zany Geek</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Last edited by lilnapsak; 09-04-2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: wrong video

I don't know if I trust this Mike character...
    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
      I don't know if I trust this Mike character...
      whats not to trust?

Comment

posted the wrong video. hope this gets some more people down to help this year the more people the better it looks for everyone.

years ago someone also made stickers for everyone who came out. if you were ever out and ran into issues with rangers during the year you could point out the sticker to them and they would eake it easy on you. anyone who wants to make up a logo to be put down on the stickers post up. im going to talk to my buddy who runs a small vinyl shop about donating or giving a big discount towards makeing this happen again this year

Comment

i'll probably come out an help plus i love the pic a lilly. i think there are some poeple that are on here that should really come help.
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

btt
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I think you guys need more then one day to clean up jersey
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                -57 GMC Pickup
                -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
                  whats not to trust?
                  His ideals and values.
                  dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    at least the cast of jersey shore finally left again

Comment

Mc'bump

Comment

Possibly
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                          Possibly
                          im thinking about showing up in a nice suit. should throw the wildlife managment guys off a little

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                            X