For those who DESIRE pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who DESIRE pics...

...here are a few pics from the Autocross today in Stratford.

LUMBERGH.

Hux's smoke show.

Some really built Miata...

...eating some cones...

That's it for now...
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

what are the rules on tire spin???

i mean i don't know much about the course other than the photos, but it looks as though some of those tight corners might be a RWD car's dream.

I'm assuming there is no one that goes out and and just ken block gymkhana's that shit.

Would sliding through corners with more speed benefit your end time?? it looks like a lot of hard downshifting/braking to slow those cars down for some of those tight corners.

looks like fun though guys
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

wonder if i could autocross the Teejay...
        1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

This is what happened to the last guy that decided he was going to power into everything.

From what I've seen it's all technical driving. I'm sure Hux or Dan can tell you as well, but sliding and spinning tires doesn't help at all. The fastest times come from the cars that take the turns at speed and grip like glue to the pavement. That brown Mazda rocks and rolls, doesn't spin tires but it grips and maintains it's speed through each and every turn. The people that slide are the ones that have lost control of their vehicle.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
            what are the rules on tire spin???

i mean i don't know much about the course other than the photos, but it looks as though some of those tight corners might be a RWD car's dream.

I'm assuming there is no one that goes out and and just ken block gymkhana's that shit.

Would sliding through corners with more speed benefit your end time?? it looks like a lot of hard downshifting/braking to slow those cars down for some of those tight corners.

looks like fun though guys
            For the most part, you only shift once except for a few occasions. First to second, then leave it.

As to sliding... doesn't get you anywhere faster. It actually scrubs speed.
            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
              As to sliding... doesn't get you anywhere faster. It actually scrubs speed.
              see that's what i figured, but i can't help but see some of the other stuff and wonder.... why slow down when you can just pull some e-brake, slam some throttle and rock 'n roll on outt there???

guess i'd understand better if i actually saw how fast y'all are cornering at instead of just pics.

That being said, are all wheel drive cars at more of an advantage?? assuming their driver isn't a monster sippin' pastrana wannabe
              Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 08-21-2011, 11:50 PM.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

see that's what i figured, but i can't help but see some of the other stuff and wonder.... why slow down when you can just pull some e-brake, slam some throttle and rock 'n roll on outt there???

guess i'd understand better if i actually saw how fast y'all are cornering at instead of just pics.

That being said, are all wheel drive cars at more of an advantage?? assuming their driver is a monster sippin' pastrana wannabe
                Because pulling the ebrake and slamming the throttle is going to throw you into an insane amount of course markers and with every cone hit, you get penalized. Zullo, some motorsports may require you to throttle out of everything and the ebrake help you win races, but this is not one of those motorsports.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  ...here are a few pics from the Autocross today in Stratford.

LUMBERG.
                  its Lumbergh

Comment

well hence why i am asking.

........... wait so you don't just stand on the gas pedal...............

that doesn't sounds like very much fun

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

well hence why i am asking.

........... wait so you don't just stand on the gas pedal...............

that doesn't sounds like very much fun
                      I'm sure you can if you have the right suspension and tires.
                      sigpic

Comment

That being said, are all wheel drive cars at more of an advantage?? assuming their driver is a monster sippin' pastrana wannabe
                        I'm AWD all day but monster taste like shit...

Comment

i meant to say "isn't" sorry. edit in process. lol.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

That being said, are all wheel drive cars at more of an advantage?? assuming their driver isn't a monster sippin' pastrana wannabe
                            When you're spinning tire, you don't have grip. No grip means no power to the ground, aka losing speed. No matter how you slice it.

As to AWD: It depends on the course and how the car is set up. Same goes for NA versus forced induction, although as a rule an NA car will usually be quicker out of a corner because of the throttle response.
                            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                              When you're spinning tire, you don't have grip. No grip means no power to the ground, aka losing speed. No matter how you slice it.
                              i believe you and i know this about tire spin. but you are telling me that ken block cooking a set of tires on that course and not hitting cones wouldn't lay down a killer time, i might laugh at you.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                              X