Cicadas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cicadas

I'm sure all of you have these in your area.

For some reason they are currently incredibly loud around my house, just buzzing incessantly all day every day.

In fact, when i was driving the other day, i had my windows down and one flew into my B pillar then bounced onto the dash. I was just taken aback by how large these things really are.

the one i saw didnt look exactly like that but im sure it was a cicada.

they really are some nasty vile things
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

I'm just impressed by the noise they are able to create then sustain

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        I'm just impressed by the noise they are able to create then sustain
        I say that about you all the time
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
          I say that about you all the time

not bad mr. maru

Comment

I hate everything about them. They live under ground for years then come up and just start making the most annoying buzzing. I can stand crickets but I hate cicadas.

Comment

my backyard is filllllled with them. if i have my windows open at night it almost gets unbearable
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Luckily we don't have them in jersey. The air and ground is so desolate and polluted around here that any cicadas are mutated into a large disgusting being. Luckily we accept these creatures as guidos and throw them into society as television entertainment
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

is organized crime behind that waste management strategy

Comment

More than likely, at least in recent years. The waste and pollution had to come from somewhere though. Since our forefathers used nj as a waste dump the mutated cicada crime ring sprung up in the early 1800s
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

cicadas are impressive but the giant cicada wasps are better, I see them flying around all day eating them on the golf course, sometimes they are eating two of them at once, it looks like a black golf ball zigzagging through the air

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qRl5p6C3DrY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      1992 xj Briarwood
                      Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
                      Welded front and rear
                      13' LED roof lights
                      Disco ball
                      Truck nuts
                      Spinners

Comment

weird, i always hear them but i think that's the first picture i've ever actually seen. wouldn't know one if i saw it.

they were super loud tonight actually. had the dog very freaked out! haha

Comment

I think they're awesome.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Holy shit those cicada wasp things. I had no idea what they were. This lawn i mow just got like infested with those. I was mowing and outlining the house a month ago and BAM like 30 of those fuckers flying all around me, scared the shit out of me cause of the size and how many there were but they didn't do anything. I had my mexican get the blower and blow them around while i mowed where their nests were just in case hah. Awesome, now I know what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by 04WranglerX View Post
                              Holy shit those cicada wasp things. I had no idea what they were. This lawn i mow just got like infested with those. I was mowing and outlining the house a month ago and BAM like 30 of those fuckers flying all around me, scared the shit out of me cause of the size and how many there were but they didn't do anything. I had my mexican get the blower and blow them around while i mowed where their nests were just in case hah. Awesome, now I know what they are.
                              They are harmless to humans, that's why the didn't attack you. They aren't like normal wasps where they attack when threatened, they only attack and eat Cicadas.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                              X