Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurmmmmmmmmmm...sort of want 51st state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurmmmmmmmmmm...sort of want 51st state?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...upervisor.html

'South California' proposed as 51st state by Republican supervisor
    July 11, 2011 | 2:40 pm

The 51st state should be named South California, says Jeff Stone, a Republican on the the Riverside County Board of Supervisors. But the proposed 13 southern California counties that would split off from the Golden State would not include Los Angeles.

Stone told the Times' Phil Willon that the ommission is intentional and is part of a plan that would make for a new conservative Californian state.

"Los Angeles is purposely excluded because they have the same liberal policies that Sacramento does. The last thing I want to do is create a state that's a carbon copy of what we have now,'' Stone said.

"Los Angeles just enacted a ban on plastic grocery bags. That put three or four manufacturers out of business,'' Stone, a pharmacist from Temecula, said.

Stone plans on formally proposing secession Tuesday during a meeting of the Board of Supervisors.

South California would encompass Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Tulare counties, totaling approximately 13 million people.

The proposed 51st state would be the fifth largest by population, more populous than Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania. South California would take nearly a third of the population away from California, making the Golden State the second-largest state after Texas.

Eleven of the 13 proposed counties in South California traditionally vote Republican, a fact noticed by California Gov. Jerry Brown's office.

"If you want to live in a Republican state with very conservative right-wing laws, then there's a place called Arizona," Brown spokesman Gil Duran said.
    Hurmmmm...I'm liking this map...

Think this is plausible? I doubt this would ever happen, but it'd be crazy as fuck if it did.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

the geographic layout is a bit ridiculous with LA being so far south, but i guess based on their political beliefs it makes sense
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Fuck LA. What they should do is fucking blow it up and send it into the Marianas Trench.
      sigpic

Comment

agreed
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

How about they fix their budget before they start wasting time on shenanigans like this. That state is nothing but a fiscal joke.

Comment

California, fix their budget?
            sigpic

Comment

That line was drawn for one reason, Minorities. That line keeps all the black and meican gang bangers away from the white people. It allows the rich left wing idiots to give away their own fucking tax dallors without effecting the little guy. I lived in california and nothing north of orange county is worth being in. Dodger stadium and Hollywood is nothing but spanish and hobos. This is an awesome idea! Let the people who work the hardest have the beauty of their state. I am tired of left wing democrats trhowing taxes at the masses ecause they have enough money that it doesnt matter. Fuck LA and NorCal
              Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                That line was drawn for one reason, Minorities. That line keeps all the black and meican gang bangers away from the white people. It allows the rich left wing idiots to give away their own fucking tax dallors without effecting the little guy. I lived in california and nothing north of orange county is worth being in. Dodger stadium and Hollywood is nothing but spanish and hobos. This is an awesome idea! Let the people who work the hardest have the beauty of their state. I am tired of left wing democrats trhowing taxes at the masses ecause they have enough money that it doesnt matter. Fuck LA and NorCal
                Hurm. Well said.
                sigpic

Comment

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

hahahhahhaha perfection
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      Fuck LA. What they should do is fucking blow it up and send it into the Marianas Trench.
                      learn to swim.
                      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                        learn to swim.
                        See you down in Arizona bay...

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                        sigpic

Comment

There is no dragon. I am not impressed.
                          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailer Ray View Post
                            There is no dragon. I am not impressed.
                            this
                            -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                            X