Sad thing in the news today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad thing in the news today

I don't know if anyone either saw or heard about it, but last night a guy was trying to catch a ball at a Rangers game and fell over the railing to his death...all right in front of his 6 year old son.

There's a video clip of the incident and it legitimately is one of the saddest things I've heard about it awhile. Stuff like this really gets to me for whatever reason.

BORKED

Thats his son in the red. Really tragic and I'm not one to be overly emotional or sympathetic.

Thats sad. I can't imagine how the kid will deal with it.
    -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

wow...yeah, I got nothing. That's brutal.
      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

That fucking sucks. How far is that drop??
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

20 ft

Comment

Did they say what was the cause of death? Fractured skull? Neck? Spine?
            sigpic

Comment

He landed on his head but apparently was still conscious when they put him in the ambulance, then he just crashed and died.

Comment

That sucks.
                sigpic

Comment

that just goes to show that you really never know when the next moment could be your last. thats crazy.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

so sad was going to post this as well. just one of those things that makes you realize how quickly your life can go
                    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

This just dawned on me to. Think about the internet we have today versus the internet we will have when that kid is in his late teens. His father's death will is now just another video on the internet. That's fucked up. Want to know how your father died? Find the URL...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                        This just dawned on me to. Think about the internet we have today versus the internet we will have when that kid is in his late teens. His father's death will is now just another video on the internet. That's fucked up. Want to know how your father died? Find the URL...
                        Someday someones mom might be one half of the duo with the cup. /sigh.
                        Last edited by Riot; 07-09-2011, 12:26 AM.
                        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

that is really sad jeeze. like i always said its not the pace of life that scares me, its the sudden stop.
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

That's sad, poor kid.

Comment

the baseball player who threw the ball i heard is pretty distraut over the whole thing. thats a terrible thing to happen to someone
                              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
                              X