x2
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            I followed this case and I think its great that everyone here is sharing their opinions on this matter and its raising a lot of discussion. Here is my take on the whole thing:

I do not believe that Casey Anthony intended to kill her daughter in a malicious manner. My theory is that she chloroformed the girl (like she did on a regular basis in order to keep the girl out of the way while she partied) and accidentally gave her too much of the chemical and killed her. She freaked out and decided to hide the girl in the woods. Casey Anthony is clearly a complete and utter lunatic, so its hard to understand her train of thought when the incident occurred. I think its a complete travesty that she was found not-guilty. There was enough evidence to link her to the crime, but the State made a mistake in going for capital murder, I believe a charge of Murder 2 without going for the death penalty would have resulted in a conviction. The blame rests in the jury's hands, I cannot believe that there wasn't one sane person among the 12 that would have at least argued until a mistrial by hung jury occurred.

The way a capital murder case works is that if the defendant is convicted of murder 1, another "trial" then begins and the jury decides whether or not the defendant should get the death penalty. So, the jury could have convicted her of capital murder, but chose a sentence less than death.

The jury is the reason the case ended up the way it was. The whole problem comes from the inane qualifications you have to have to serve on a jury for a case like this. First off, you have to be fine with being sequestered for months on end, this means you're probably unemployed and have nothing to do anyway. Secondly, you had to have no direct knowledge of the case leading up to jury selection. Now, this whole fiasco was all over the news from the time the girl went missing to when they started the jury selection process, you had to be living under a rock to not know anything about it.

As far as the police are concerned, they did go and look in the general vicinity of where the meterman reported seeing the body, BUT the officer didn't take the guy with him to reveal the exact location. This element can be seen as highly suspect and rather detrimental to the way the investigation was conducted.

If you review the evidence, its incredibly hard to not think that Casey Anthony was involved in the death and disappearance of her daughter. Her actions prior to the incident and after the incident are incredibly damning, as well as the vast amount of circumstantial evidence along with the credible portions of forensic evidence should have been enough for a rational person to arrive at a guilty verdict.

The system is incredibly flawed and is geared towards protecting the defendant rather than ensuring a complete and fair trial. The technicalities associated with legal proceedings are mind boggling. Also, the trial has been going on since the end of May 2011.

Its hard to compare this to the OJ trial, because that trial was a complete circus and was full of clowns, especially that Judge Ito jackass (in this case, Judge Perry did a terrific job in my opinion), also, the race card played a huge role for the Juice.

The reason this got such a huge play was because that Nancy Grace nut made a huge deal of the girl's disappearance so it was talked about on nightly news and got the whole country invested in the story.
            CJ?

You are right in every way....

If one of you were to come home to a crime scene there would be evidence everywhere. That evidence, even DNA, would prove NOTHING. Proving intent and malice was a huge flaw issue in this case. You can have evidence prove that you were at the scene of the crime; ITS YOUR HOUSE! How do you prove you did it? The prosecutor did not prove the evidence relevance to the act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_rea <----talk about this in your next Casey Anthony discussion.

EVERYONE STOP WATCHING CSI...

^ Truth... Not every bad guy or gal goes to prison.
            Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

So the prosecution fucked up, essentially, by going balls to the wall and going for a death penalty charge and only trying to prove intent?
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Yes

Comment

This whole case is a fucking Clown show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                    Yes
                    sorry but youre wrong
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by TSISam View Post
                      Simply put, a little girl is gone and her mother can't possibly be completely innocent if she hid it for as long as she did.
                      That is exactly what the state should have done.

Making Casey Jack the Ripper and seeking the chair was not the right move.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        sorry but you're wrong
                        fixed

Comment

So no wonder the Jury let her go free, not only did they disregard circumstantial evidence, but if they did convict her, she would have sat on death row, have the state lethally inject her and the people of the Jury would feel as if the blood was on their hands.

Their mentality is not absurd, if the Jury didn't feel she did it, they simply let her live. If the prosecution had sought jail time, then I'm almost positive she would have been found guilty.
                          sigpic

Comment

fixed
                            lame attempt at turning the tables, and a stretch might i add

doesnt change the fact your logic is flawed
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                              lame attempt at turning the tables, and a stretch might i add

doesn't change the fact your logic is flawed
                              I don't tell you how to take a picture or film a movie.

Get out of my life.

Comment

I don't tell you how to take a picture or film a movie.

Get out of my life.
                                look, i dont have time to explain it to you, but you couldnt be any more wrong
                                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X