Clear All

Originally posted by 98craznazn69 View Post
    haven't you all heard? those control arms are good for about 10 horsepower

Thats from the VTEC right?
    1998 XJ.....Finally.
    1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Damn where did this thread start up from? Everyones talkin about me and I didn't even know?

As for the control arms, they are strong as hell, and heavy as hell. They are not made out of plate, they are cast peices, and I am guessing they are some kind of cast steel or iron or something. Def not aluminum. Not sure what rancho was getting at with them but I bought the kit because I scored a smokin deal on it, not cause I wanted to look cool. (but they do look sweet IMO). I'll see how they hold up. They worked real nice at RC, and they have absolutely no chance of twisting or bending.
      2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

I absolutely refuse to believe those are made out of a solid casting. No way. They have to be welded plate or else they would shatter under a lot of stress.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          I absolutely refuse to believe those are made out of a solid casting. No way. They have to be welded plate or else they would shatter under a lot of stress.
          I promise you they are cast. They have the seam lines on them down the middles and they are one piece. No welds. And they have a rough finish on them too, from a casting process. I'll snap some closeup pics to prove it.
          2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

hey, rckymntn05 check your PM

Thanks
            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

rubber bushings? poly? or ball in socket joints?
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                rubber bushings? poly? or ball in socket joints?
                Poly bushings on them

Comment

EEK

thats a recipe for torn link mounts
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                  X