Zee Bugs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zee Bugs!

Spent a few hours chasing around some flying insects in the light drizzle and this is the best I got.

Notice the drop of water on his head. Surface Tension FTW. "Drinks on Me!" taken too literally.

This fly was about a millimeter in length and just sat there with his head cocked for about 5 minutes.

sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

You love that lens, don't you

Awesome pics as always, man.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
      You love that lens, don't you

Awesome pics as always, man.
      Not gonna lie, it's a fucking sweet lens; a pain in the ass to use, but a sweet fucking lens.
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

whats your next post Phil

What do we want....Bug Rights

When do we want them...NOW!

I will pause before swatting the bugs now
          '92 Limited XJ -MOONROOF, AW4, 242, Yakima rack
          '86 CJ-7 Laredo- 258 w/4.0 head, LOD and Rockhard bumpers, SOA HP44, Detroit, High Steer, YJ Leafs, JKS disco's, 4.10 Yukon Gears, T-18/Dana 300 clocked & twin stix, 35"MTR's, Dual Odysseys, Warn 8274, Tuffy Console, Sony CDX-C90, PPI, Focal, Highlift, Ruff Stuff, Cobra Nightwatch, holy tub
          '07 Dodge Mega DRW-5.9L, AFE, CFM+, Smarty, Custom Leather, NAV, 4.10's, 4" AFE Exhaust, Cat delete, SRT Hood, Inferno Red
          '02 Ford E-350-7.3L Work Van

Comment

Hahaha, nah, don't do that. Back when I first got the lens I was trying to take a picture of a Wasp, but the fucking Douche wouldn't stop flying around or stop walking so I smashed it against the counter and continued to take pics.

"Good...now that you've stopped moving..."

That little fly was extremely cooperative, so I let him live.
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

im not gonna lie, i havent seen bug pics like this anywhere besides like animal planet or something. fucking incredible pictures, i am truly impressed.
                Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Thanks, Ray.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bubble Bees are quite funny creatures. Most insects take their time with each flower. They arrive, they examine, they taste, if there is something, they consume, if there is nothing, they move on.

The Bumble Bee simply fumbles around the flower and just NOMS HIS WAY THROUGH.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.
                    sigpic

Comment

awesome pics phil!! keep em coming!
                      -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

Thanks, Jake. Since my father's botanical backyard is almost in full swing I'll have to start getting more. When I went there this weekend I was slightly disappointed at the lack of insects buzzing around but the summer is still young.
                        sigpic

Comment

I demand to see pictures of inside a bee's nest.
                          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Find me one and I'll give it a shot.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X