Rausch Creek trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rausch Creek trip

This weekend I went to Rausch creek with Andrew (cumminsjeep) and a bunch of other guys. The trip was a BLAST and I found out what my jeep was capable of and a few things it needs help with. Overall, an awesome time, and I plan on going back up The first week of May for the RCROCs. I got a ton of pics and some video that i"ll be posting up in my project thread (project rocky mountain) later tonight AFTER i take a shower.

We went down a ton of trails, and I went through yellow jacket and a bunch of other decently tough rock courses and did better than I though, and didn't break anything! Would have gone on some other tough courses, but we mainly stuck to greens and some blues because most of the other guys didn't want to go through any real tough things, and unfortunately the tracker lost it's front diff the first day. That thing was a beast though and made it up a few obstacles in rear wheel drive that some of the other guys couldn't even do in 4WD!!!

And the thornbirds did great as well. They RARELY slipped on anything I attempted to climb, and got me over a ton of obstacles with open diffs.
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Sounds like a good trip man. Glad to hear the tires didn't suck a fat one
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

You wouldnt happen to be the ones who I asked for an alternator would you? I was there with SIRA and ended up running with another group but I went through Smoothie and my alternator took a crap. So around 5 on sat I was walking around asking for a 4.0 altenator.

I did see an SIS sticker on the back of a truck with a single stack. I was in the blue didge nitro when he was leaving.

Comment

that truck was andrew (cumminsjeep)
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

Sounds like a fun time! Glad the jeep did well RJ!
          "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
            that truck was andrew (cumminsjeep)
            Gotcha Thanks. I think I confused him a little because I was backing my dads nitro up and turning away from the exit to get to my jeep so could jump it. Sorry Andrew.

Comment

Insult any women out there?
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

His thornbirds are an insult enough. No need to verbalize it. He just drives by a gaggle of women in the woods and you can cut the hate for him with a dull and rusty swiss army blade with the tip missing.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                  His thornbirds are an insult enough. No need to verbalize it. He just drives by a gaggle of women in the woods and you can cut the hate for him with a dull and rusty swiss army blade with the tip missing.
                  Actually the women love the thornbirds, especially the MASSIVE lugs on the sides. And I got like 4 compliments on my tires, thank you very much!
                  2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Insult any women out there?
                    Haha, yea the 5 or so in total that were there

Comment

dude seriously groove your thornshits and have a fairly decent tire, you got them for 200 wtf do you have to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
                        Sounds like a fun time! Glad the jeep did well RJ!
                        Me too! Adam is def coming next time, even if I have to drag him there! Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                          dude seriously groove your thornshits and have a fairly decent tire, you got them for 200 wtf do you have to lose
                          I need the tool to do it. Where do I get it?

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
                            Actually the women love the thornbirds, especially the MASSIVE lugs on the sides. And I got like 4 compliments on my tires, thank you very much!
                            Did you get 4 compliments or like 4 compliments?

Comment

they were similar to compliments, but not entirely compliments
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X