Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step Aside 'Goodnight Moon', there is a new player in town.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Aside 'Goodnight Moon', there is a new player in town.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/08/smal...file_multiline

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Johnny Temple, publisher and founder of Brooklyn-based Akashic Books, likes to say this about independent book publishing:

''Just keep your doors open for business, and then one day lightning will strike.''

Cue lightning.

Next week, Akashic plans to publish the most irreverent ''children's'' book in recent memory.

Written in the style of a children's book, ''Go the F to Sleep'' unabashingly drops the F-bomb in the text.

The book, written by Adam Mansbach and illustrated by Ricardo Cortés, originally was slated for a fall release. Then the PDF version of the book hit the Internet and went viral. As a result, Akashic is moving up its release date, for both the print book and ebook, to June 14. The film rights already have been sold to Fox 2000.

The popularity of the book has raised the profile of Akashic and is likely to raise its profits.

Courting controversy''Go the F to Sleep'' is actually a book for adults that deals with the age-old problem of trying to get children to go to sleep.

''It was very evident to me that the book was addressing with humor what is perhaps the core psychological hurdle of parenthood in the early years,'' said Temple, whose own children are ages 3 and 5. ''Lack of sleep breaks up marriages.''

Temple previously worked with Mansbach on an anthology. The author had written other books, which included bestseller ''Angry Black White Boy,'' published by Three Rivers Press in 2005.

Mansbach brought the idea to Temple, believing he would be willing to take on the project, despite its controversial title.

''I've published some very edgy novels with some big publishers, but I think that's the exception," said Mansbach. "Small presses are more willing to take some risks.''
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

my god that is awesome hahaha. seriously, getting a child to go to sleep is nothing near a walk in the park. and when they can climb out of their crib like a little tiny ninja, thats when shit hits the fan. my son climbs out of his crib with his blankie, sippy cup and pillow pet in hand, ready to strike at any given moment.
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

WAIT, YOU CAN GET THE WHOLE BOOK RIGHT HERE.

http://www.workingmomsbreak.com/wp-c...heFtoSleep.pdf

This book is fucking amazing.

"Please go the fuck to sleep."
      sigpic

Comment

AWESOME!
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

fucking amazing. oh my god i honestly think this is the best thing thats ever been posted on sis.
          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

I can't wait to read it when I get home.
            sigpic

Comment

very funny
              Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

This book is great!!
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

That's a fucking riot.
                  "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                  It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                    That's a fucking riot.
                    no, this is a fucking riot

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I drive a Datsun

Comment

Excellent book. I hope that all of you parents and soon to be parents out there pick up a copy of this fucking book.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            no, this is a fucking riot

I stand corrected...
                            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjgV0aACAMc[/ame]

Samuel L Jackson fucking Narrates it!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X