sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

smart keeping his front tires out of the water
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          too far right
          Compared to who, or what? Shannon? Seems awfully critical considering the amount of attempts vs. successful climbs.

There isn't a whole lot of play to take any sort of easy line. The only difference IMO between this run and Campbell, is the amount of ass put in front of the right foot.

That was a damn impressive climb IMO, one of the nicest shows of crawling/rear steer skills I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
            Compared to who, or what? Shannon? Seems awfully critical considering the amount of attempts vs. successful climbs.
            Well, compared to the actual hands climb. Which was dictated by cones at a WEROCK event. Shannon navigated the obstacle with a spotter strap on a course between cones up that. Anytime the hands climb is "officially" attempted, cones are placed to keep parameters.

If anyone could drive up it any which way, it would be a whole lot different than the challenge put on the last few years, of which I have probably watched no less than 30 rigs of all shapes sizes and setups attempt, under vastly differing conditions.

Shannon did it when it was awfully dry, as did Alan Woodson in 08 (when it was brand spankin new). The remainder of attempts came on oil soaked water for the most part.

If you touch a cone, you back down and try again
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Well, compared to the actual hands climb. Which was dictated by cones at a WEROCK event. Shannon navigated the obstacle with a spotter strap on a course between cones up that. Anytime the hands climb is "officially" attempted, cones are placed to keep parameters.

If anyone could drive up it any which way, it would be a whole lot different than the challenge put on the last few years, of which I have probably watched no less than 30 rigs of all shapes sizes and setups attempt, under vastly differing conditions.

Shannon did it when it was awfully dry, as did Alan Woodson in 08 (when it was brand spankin new). The remainder of attempts came on oil soaked water for the most part.

I see your point, and I'd be a moron to disagree that cones wouldn't offer up a whole different perspective.

But, IMO I think it's a little hard to tell from the camera angle where his line exactly was. As well as the fact that I'm pretty impressed regarding no spotter strap.

This was the only shot I could find regarding Shannon's run.

BORKED

Comment

i did mention it was impressive regardless

its a close call, i could be wrong, but a tough climb no matter what, props to him

the cam angle is lousy too bad i was across the street from there that day
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

TLDR
                  Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                    TLDR
                    TGDC
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

TGDC
                      ILBT
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

sean did it better than any of us have
                        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

btw he's selling that buggy... if that one is the old one

edit: i lied that's his new buggy
                          Last edited by Burton58; 05-24-2011, 05:52 PM.
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

TGDC
                            YTMND
                            Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

hats off to him man. thats a really sweet truck, its super light and has tons of power, not to mention he's a pretty cool dude.

made the climb regardless, if it was comp though, he deff hit the cone, was too far over to the left, the comp line goes straight up and over the hump on top. Stood and the bottom of that bad boy and watched enough times.

Regardless look at them reds hookup!!!!!!!! ohhhh yeaaaaa
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X