Question for those of you good at computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those of you good at computers

So I have an old laptop that is still working, but the screen on it is completely busted (I accidently stepped on it while it was closed a while back, and it messed up the colors so it looks like someone shot a bullet right through the middle of it). But my question is, is there anyway I could recover my old files from it (music, word doc's?) The laptop turns on, and I can see windows when it opens up, but barely at this point. I just want my music files back!!

all ya gotta do is plug in a vga cable to the laptop and then to an external monitor if you have another computer and it works just as it did but with a different screen and you could do whatever you need to with the files. for an external display you could just use an lcd tv if you have one.... most flat screen tvs that are somewhat recent will have a vga port on the back for a computer to plug into.
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

if you can kinda see where stuff is, get an external HD and put your files on there...it always helps to have the external regardless too...i keep all my stuff backed up on one just in case
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
        all ya gotta do is plug in a vga cable to the laptop and then to an external monitor if you have another computer and it works just as it did but with a different screen and you could do whatever you need to with the files. for an external display you could just use an lcd tv if you have one.... most flat screen tvs that are somewhat recent will have a vga port on the back for a computer to plug into.

I thought about doing that, I just wasnt sure if it would work. I believe I have a cable lying around somewhere that I can use to hook the laptop up to my tv, so i'll have to give it a try later on today.

Comment

when you plug the monitor in you might have to hit a key to get it to work, for example my dell here at work you need to hold down the "fn" key + F8. there will be a little picture of a monitor on the key
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

hook it up to the tv. sisoffroad is super ballin in 32" hd
            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
            X