Easter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter

Okay, maybe I've grown up to be a cantankerous twenty four year old male, but I've been spending all week now wondering what the fuck the deal is with Easter and since I am bored here at lunch, I've decided to stir the pot a bit with a baseball bat covered in rusted nails.

I understand the religious implications of Easter, trust me, I was force fed that horrendous storytelling when I was a child and quickly came to the conclusion that Jesus, the Lord and Savior for some people, was actually the first Zombie. Guy gets nailed to a cross, which was the death sentence back in the Day, they stab his side and then bury him only to discover, what, three days later, he is gone. Alright, so here is the problem I've had with it and maybe you guys can help me out because I've asked a priest and a deacon this once and they gave me the same shallow answer.

Is what most people practice a poly or mono-theism? We say we have one God, but then why does the Church praise the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ in the same light? Wouldn't that be a Polytheism?? They told me that God and Jesus where the same person. Oh. Okay.

Anyway, I'm straying from the point. How do you guys celebrate it? To me, Easter is just another fucking Sunday but I have to tolerate my family's pissing and moaning from about 2-4 o'clock PM. Granted, I eat great food and...yeah...

You know what? I have no idea why I typed this out.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

So Jesus is the son of god, and god is Jesus? That level of inbreeding doesn't even work in Kentucky.
    Sorry that all I got out of it, we just hangout with the family and eat and drink beer.
    Rice
    13 BRZ G machine
    02 WRX Rally Whore
    95 Neon Sport Coupe 2.4 liter 11:1 comp race motor
    08 Kawasaki ZX6R solar yellow 112.4whp

Comment

Yeah, I pretty much do the same thing, except we drink home made Wine instead of beer.
      sigpic

Comment

my family gets together...we do an egg hunt for the little ones...lots of good italian food
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Yeah, there will be no shortage of food...Do you guys eat Rabbit on Easter like my family does?
          sigpic

Comment

nope...just lots of pasta dishes and ham
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

mmmmmmm pasta...

I'm going to my Grandmother's house tonight to Pregame for Easter Dinner.
              sigpic

Comment

I do stupid things with my cousin that usually end up with a broken bike or bone.
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

father son and the holy spirit make up the holy trinity, 1 entity.

My family is extremely religious, I have 2 aunts that are nuns. I got force fed all that stuff when i was younger but I just chose to use it as "life lessons" and not gospel to witch i should live my life.

for easter my family gets together for some nomtastic food and we give thanks for someone giving up so much so that we may have it easier. I guess thats what its all about, because none of us have it that bad
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i got some candy when i was a kid for easter, then it faded away over the years completely
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                      i got some candy when i was a kid for easter, then it faded away over the years completely
                      When was that, 80 years ago?
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah, during the great depression all we had was homemade candy. no feasts or toys. times were tough then. i'm really glad we moved out of that 1 room, dirt floor shack in oklahoma.
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            yeah, during the great depression all we had was homemade candy. no feasts or toys. times were tough then. i'm really glad we moved out of that 1 room, dirt floor shack in oklahoma.
                            We used to chase a hoop down the road with a stick
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

We used to play with Lawn Darts, but then Big Brother told us they were dangerous.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X