No announcement yet.

TJ vs. XJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my XJ but I want to build a TJ or and LJ really bad. I think they look great and function very well.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      Where is the Half Frame? I thought the bed was just bolted to the unibody extension.
      The bed is bolted onto a fully boxed frame.

Comment

• I drive a YJ. It was given to me as a bone stock 4 banger with a blown motor. I really like the simplicity of a YJ over a TJ but the TJ obviously has coils and rides 1000 times better. It would be nice to have the extra wheel base of an XJ however.
        88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

• Bought my TJ for 3 reasons. . .

1. I wanted something that was new with low mileage and no more than a few years old. Wasn't gonna happen with an XJ
          2. I wanted a manual transmission, and they are hard to find in XJ's
          3. I have owned a YJ before and just love the style of wranglers overall. Love how you can take the top and doors off for max visibility off road too! I don't know how many times I drove with my head out the door opening to see where the tires were going. It helps a lot!

Oh and there full frame and you can fit 35's on 4 inches of lift without trimming

Haha!
          2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

• Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post

Oh and there full frame and you can fit 35's on 4 inches of lift without trimming

Where?
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• I have both- Prefer my TJ over the husbands XJ. Easier to work on and coils all around. Also I can take my doors, top and windshield off (actually they haven't been on the TJ in years) No broken glass.
              X2 with the comment "whatever as long as you wheel"

Comment

• run what ya brung
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

• other catergory in 2nd place
                  2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                  J10 project do want.
                  "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

• I love xj's, but I will always miss my tj. it was the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. the fun factor is just unbelievable! I wish I had the coin right now to go buy another one
                    -Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by jeepgirl13 View Post
                      Easier to work on
                      Xfreakin2

Fuck XJ engine bays man.

I dont know what im gonna do when I pick one up and try to cram a much bigger motor in there.
                      Luckily that wont be for a while
                      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

• Originally posted by YJCrawler19 View Post
                        I will always miss my tj. it was the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. the fun factor is just unbelievable!
                        Ill x2 this too.

I dont care what anyone says. I love XJs, but if I had to drive only one for the rest of my life, I'd have to go with a TJ.

not my TJ.
                        just A TJ.
                        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

• Fuck I've wheeled lawn mowers and had an equal amount of fun

Comment

• TJ because it was the right price
                            always loved they way they looked done up
                            coils

I like xj's too if i had the chance i would buy one
                            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

• Voted XJ. i like how if i want to, i can fold my back seat down, and stretch out and sleep in the back of my jeep. Done it plenty of times before. like that I have lots of cargo room, ive hauled some big shit in my jeep before. Like that it can comfortable seat 4.

Comment

• My ass only takes up one seat.

and the drivers seat is pretty damn comfy.

so that point about 4 comefortable seats seems lost on me. Although, ive had 4 people in my TJ for a few long drives (6 hours or so) without anyone bitchin.

I have my hammock and a rollcage. so normally if i find a tree its naptime.
                                and mike you cant argue this one with me. I know how much you like that hammock

and as for stuff, yes, i would like more storage space, but it isnt really the end of the world. I could always get racks and stuff, but just hate the look, so i dont. Instead i usually leave out my rear seat and just keep the back open for cargo. Wheeling trips are usually the only time i fill that space to the max. Bangarang once strapped a fullsize pull-out couch in the back of his TJ. that was pretty funny hahaha.

As for the wheelbase, yes its awesome offroad, but onroad, I actually really like my SWB.

just rebutting. not trying to argue, just tellin the TJ side.

And as for the lawnmower comment. I dont doubt that. hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X