Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Engineer Jokes

...To cheer everyone up!

A mechanical engineer and a software engineer are riding in a car. Going down a hill the brakes fail and the car careens down the hill and crashes into a tree. They both barely escape with their lives. The ME says "I think the brakes are faulty, let's tow the car to the garage and investigate what went wrong. The SE says " let's push the car back up the hill and see if it happens again."

An engineer and a mathematician were shown into a kitchen, given an empty pan, and told to boil a pint of water. They both filled the pan with water, put it on the stove, and boiled it.
    The next day they were shown into the kitchen again, given a pan full of water, and told to boil a pint of water.
    The engineer took the pan, put it on the stove, and boiled it
    The mathematician took the pan and emptied it, thereby reducing it to a previously solved problem.

A Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer and Software engineer are traveling in a car.
    The CE states that it's probably a gasoline problem.
    The EE says that there could be an electrical issue.
    The ME supposes that perhaps the timing chain broke.
    The software engineer suggests that they all exit the vehicle, close the doors, open the doors, get back in and try to start the engine again.

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."
    The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet about the ground. You are between 42 and 44 degrees north latitude and between 83 and 85 degrees west longitude."
    "You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.
    "I am," replied the man, "but how did you know?"
    "Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost."
    The man below responded, "You must be a manager."
    "I am," replied the balloonist, "how did you know?"
    "Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

There was once an engineer who found a magic lamp. When he rubbed it, a genie jumped out and said to him, "You have three wishes. But there is a catch - this wish system of mine was designed by a lawyer, so whatever you wish for every lawyer in the world will get double of!"
    The engineer replied, "That's no problem, I can live with that." He then said, "For my first wish, I wish I had a Ferarri."
    "OK", said the genie, and a Ferarri appeared in front of the engineer. "But remember, every lawyer in the world now has 2 Ferarris," the genie told the engineer.
    The engineer remained unperturbed and said, "For my second wish, I wish for a million bucks." So a million bucks appeared in front of the engineer and the genie said, "remember, every lawyer in the world now has 2 million bucks."
    The engineer was non-committal and then said, "I always wished I could donate a kidney!"

A group of engineering undergrads were admiring a buddy's new bike. One asked the new owner "where did you get such a great bike?" The new bike owner replied "It was the funniest thing...I was walking across campus when a beautiful coed rode up to me, jumped off, tore off all her clothes and said I could have anything I wanted!"

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"
    The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"
    The priest said, "Here comes the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him."
    He said, "Hello George, what's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
    The green-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime."
    The group fell silent for a moment. The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."
    The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."
    The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 03-23-2011, 12:22 AM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Being a Mech Engineer, those really hit home. Sad fact is I know and work with people who act like most of those in the jokes.
      Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
      2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT
      2004 Z1000
      1999 TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Toreadorranger View Post
        Being a Mech Engineer, those really hit home. Sad fact is I know and work with people who act like most of those in the jokes.
        That's why they're funny!
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

my whole dept is rolling.
          Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

that is funny.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
            X