Cruise rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise rant

OK so my Gf and I recently went on a cruise and most of it went very well. there was one part that did not go that well. The food. My gf has numerous allergies, Peanut, Wheat, Dairy, to name a few and I had made sure that the cruise ship knew all about this before the cruise. they said, Sure Sure we can make sure there is always stuff to eat. So we go on the cruise and the first night in the main dining room they go, "oh you have an allergy, we did not know, you can have a plain piece of chicken with a baked potato and thats it. Tomorrow we will make sure there is food for you." We were like WTF but ok. so she had the food and ordered the food for the next night, which they said they would make special for her because of the allergies. So the next night comes and the waiter goes, "oh you have allergies. We did not know. You can have a piece of chicken and a baked potato." she goes WTF i didn't go on a cruise to eat blah chicken all week. They then say that she could have a fruit plate instead and they agreed but when they brought it out it was covered in dairy. So we never went back to the main dining room and instead had to pay extra to eat at other restaurants on the ship. I don't really care about having to pay to eat other places because they were very good. What i do care about is that they kept not knowing what she could eat. I know the cruise knew about the allergies because whenever i made the dinner reservations for the dinner I was on the ship and I mentioned the allergies every day. At the sushi restaurant on the ship they even had her allergies printed out to make sure she was safe.

am I justified in being pissed?

\rant

Lack of communication due to apathy. If they cared enough, they would have remembered of communicated to each other about it.

Tell Ally to suck it up and eat a piece of steak once in a while.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

there's always something to do to make chicken and a baked potato taste good without using dairy, wheat or peanuts. my guess is that they were just lazy as hell and didn't feel like doing anything about it
      94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
      3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

If I was allergic to peanuts wheat and dairy I'd set myself on fire.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
          If I was allergic to peanuts wheat and dairy I'd set myself on fire.
          x2
          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

i have a mild wheat/dairy allergy and tried to cut it out at one pt... it is not easy!

you're definitely justified in being upset, especially since it was brought to their attention before the trip and numerous times while you were there! if i were you guys i know id be pissed to be put out like that.

have you complained at all? i'm sure a lot of hotels/cruises won't do anything, but the good ones who want ppl to come back may do something to make up for it to cover their asses and keep customers coming back!

Comment

Sic Ally on them, she'll set them straight. She's got the crazy eyes, I've seen 'em before.
              sigpic

Comment

I know Disney has a policy regarding food allergies. At a Disney restaurant the chef is supposed to come out to the table and discuss the allergy prior to ordering.
                Ryan
                2013 Wrangler

Comment

what cruise line was this? for dinner i've always had the same staff.

Comment

it was royal carribean. I used a travel agent and she has since contacted the company about it. the company says they are pissed about it and are investigating the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicleless View Post
                      it was royal carribean. I used a travel agent and she has since contacted the company about it. the company says they are pissed about it and are investigating the incident.
                      Sweet.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have an Update for you all!

Royal Caribbean called me yesterday to get my side of the story. then they called me back again to say there were going to refund me all the money I spent on food and give us 350 each to be spent on a future cruise!

Comment

GOOD!

Defeat is not an option!

Comment

badass. glad it worked out but i wish your experience was better. shitty vacations are...well shitty

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicleless View Post
                              I have an Update for you all!

Royal Caribbean called me yesterday to get my side of the story. then they called me back again to say there were going to refund me all the money I spent on food and give us 350 each to be spent on a future cruise!
                              Fuck yeah, dude!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X