The Anatomy of a 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anatomy of a 1911

I won't bore your feeble minds with words because it seems that some text I type cannot be bothered to be read, comprehended and looked back upon as a helpful guide.

So I present pictures to you for your viewing enjoyment. Think of this as a booklet of LEGO directions but set in reverse, a disassembly guide without words, so to speak.

Field Stripping is complete.

sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Cool Post. Im looking to get a hand gun this summer.

Comment

Nice!

My 1911 is pissin m off as of late.
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

very nice phil
        Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
          Nice!

My 1911 is pissin m off as of late.
          Fails to feed? Eject?
          sigpic

Comment

im gonna be the new "turtles" kid

cept i will say

i like 1911s

oh and to add to this picture heavy gun post, i present you this

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Forgive my lack of knowing the correct nomenclature but does that piece on the barrel that turns sideways to let the spring turn move without needing tools?

Comment

A 1911 will be my next gun.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                  Forgive my lack of knowing the correct nomenclature but does that piece on the barrel that turns sideways to let the spring turn move without needing tools?
                  Barrel bushing

and yes
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

i love that picture. I just looked at it for 15 mins. WTF is 27 and 49 on the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                      Barrel bushing

and yes
                      If you're awesome enough you can do it without tools, but I've seen too many people launch the recoil spring retainer. They make a non-maring barrel bushing tool that helps contain the spring retainer when the bushing is turned. I saw one guy at school launch one into his face.

The rest of the gun can be fully disassembled with nothing more than a punch, a screw driver and a hammer.
                      sigpic

Comment

"I've seen too many people launch the recoil spring retainer"

that is good times

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                          Fails to feed? Eject?
                          failure to return to battery, its like the case snags the feed ramp or something....

I have 2 willson combat mags, i just got a new kimber factory mag and im going to see if that makes a difference.
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                            failure to return to battery, its like the case snags the feed ramp or something....

I have 2 willson combat mags, i just got a new kimber factory mag and im going to see if that makes a difference.
                            That's a Failure to Feed. Sounds like the feed ramp needs to be polished or reshaped. Are you shooting hollow points or ball?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                              That's a Failure to Feed. Sounds like the feed ramp needs to be polished or reshaped. Are you shooting hollow points or ball?
                              ball, and lets say i have a full mag of 8. and the 3rd shot does a FTF. if i extract that bullet and continue on im golden. but whatever bullet wont feed if i place it back into the mag it will never feed, just that one particular bullet but the others are fine

and this happens about once every mag, and with any ammo magtech, american eagle, pmc, winchester white box

Comment

Working...
                              X