• Time
  • Show
Clear All

tombstone ball joints
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
      HEEYYYYYYYY GGGUUUUUUYYYYYYSSSSSSS?
      That was my first time at Rausch good times.

Ive never broken anything in a dana 30 but then again i never had a dana 30. I had a dana 28, does that count. Open on 33's didnt break anything and then a dana 35 open on 33's stripped an axleshaft slip-yoke but i never wheeled very hard and these were the ford TTB axles. I prob dont have any jurisdiction here
      2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

never broke anything on my dana30 with 35's, broke control arm's in half romping around sand pits and just about everything else on my jeep at least once, but that stock dana30 held up good
        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
        eliminator MJ - Sold
        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Ring gear. Tho in all fairness it was chipped for over 2 years and i dealt it the deathblow at moab. Blew a driver side ujoint as well. Locked w 4.56 gears and 35" tires. My mantra is when in doubt, throttle out.

Comment

Never broken a dana 30. But, ive only ever wheeled with one in my jeep. The rest of the time has been a dana 44.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
              Ring gear. Tho in all fairness it was chipped for over 2 years and i dealt it the deathblow at moab. Blew a driver side ujoint as well. Locked w 4.56 gears and 35" tires. My mantra is when in doubt, throttle out.
              You know I still have yet to wheel with you? You just used me for beer
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Broke a spicer ujoint, the bigger one, not wheeling hard at all just fucking around. It was more than likely the oe one since the PO never touched them, basically just old and beat. Broke a lca mount on my last jeep wheeling it pretty hard. Both setups were stock except the lca mount I had the longarms on. I haven't had many problems with them but I only run 33s open with 3.55s so..
                Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

I"ve yet to break anythingbut I do have a pinion seal leak, I'm very light on the skinny pedal unless heavey is required, it's not lock and it's only on 32's with stock 297's, this axle isn't getting anything but a new seal. I do have a 30 I'm in the process of building so this thread kinda helps out with that.

Comment

Only Thing Ive broken was an intermediate shaft on a vaccum actuated 30 and That was beating the piss out of it off the fun limiter on CV hill open on 33s
                    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

oh boyyyy... i like this thread.......

wheel bearings every 6 months
                      ive snapped shafts of all sizes
                      ujoints have said bye bye
                      spiders disintegrated
                      diff covers into ring gears
                      control arm mounts ripped off
                      ball joints sheared, knuckle fell off
                      bent C's
                      housing cracked, tube came out of housing

i miss breaking stuff
                      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                      some people choose video games
                      some choose projects
                      some choose welding random things together

Comment

yj - lock-right w/ 35's with shafts from an xj

broke the lock-right
                        stub shafts
                        u-joints
                        and a yoke

tj - open on 33's

unit bearings
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          You know I still have yet to wheel with you? You just used me for beer
                          lol sorry buddy. come on out to the mecca of wheeling and ill be more than happy to wheel with ya.

Comment

Working...
                          X