What got you into wheeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What got you into wheeling?

Not sure if there's ever been a thread on this, I know we have the how I joined SiS one, but I thought this could be kinda cool too...

What got you into wheeling/how did you get into the off roading scene?

My family used to go out to Montauk (LI) every summer and after spending many a times driving on the beaches I was obsessed and loved seeing a vehicle do something it wasn't "supposed" to do as other always said

My old neighbor had a WJ that I used to tell her I was gonna buy one day...now since I start my "big girl job" last summer I've been saving up for two things: my own place & a WJ...because sometimes it drives me crazy being a passenger & I know Will won't let me hog the steering wheel in Heavy for long

January 2008 I met SiS, early 2009 I started helping Will with HMC, and now, well, I basically want to live my life around this industry the people I've met (through both SiS & HMC) have been awesome and I absolutely love all of the events/trips that I attend...
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

even though i'm from jersey i've grown up in a very "redneck" town. everyone around here has a lifted truck, rides dirtbikes/quads and go offroading. we have lots of mountainous areas and unpopulated woods.

my first car was an 87 ram charger which i took in the woods to camp, have bonfires and such. after that i had always wanted a lifted cherokee. i worked for a jeep dealer a few years back and got hooked on jeeps. finally i got one, and another, and another... it's a curse
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

No one in my family likes cars

Everyone around here is against wheeling

i guess i have no idea.
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

I started by riding qauds at 4 and dirtbikes by 9, and when I turned 16 I figured Id get something I can tow my dirtbikes with and maybe go offorading in it. Saying that Ive always liked lifted trucks and shit too.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I have asked this question to myself many times. The only answer I can come up with is Boy Scouts. Camps roads always had ruts and stuff, probably sparking my interest. Plus I love being in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            No one in my family likes cars

Everyone around here is against wheeling

i guess i have no idea.
            ha you're broken
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

My father, one of my most fond memories is us driving his old chevy through a hole and seeing water coming in under the doors, twas too cool to avoid
              dirty30

Comment

buddy bought a jeep, went wheeling as a passenger, decided i wanted my own, built it up , spent way to much, then sold it , now itching to do it again... there is so many places and things ive seen due to my 4x4 jeep that 99% of the rest of the population will never see... it was all worth it.
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold
                99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I really have no clue either. My first car was the Sierra and I loved trucks ever since.
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

For me it started at a young age with a power wheels quad and then the almighty JEEP COMANDO !@#!@$@#% then from there it was a quad, from there it was THIS

Then ohh yes this

Then this beauty I called the "Muddy Dove" was my baby hadd lots of money in this pig

and this one

Mud was fun until I had to do wheel bearings weekly.... and attempted to work on stuff while having mud fall on your face FUCK MUD!!!!!
                    and then I found rocks ohhh yess the rocks are good shit Im definatly hooked on rocks!
                    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Damn dude, you had some nice lookin fords
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

my dad has always had the same 84 CJ7, for a while, when i was little. It was one of our two cars. We used to drive around in the summer with the top off and no doors, he coached my little league team, i thought it was cool i could show up to games with no doors on our car. That jeep was a part of the family hahaha.

So i guess that's where the love for jeeps came from. Offroading started when me and my friends started to drive. My best friend at the time had a ford explorer, we used to take it through mud n dumb little trails and had a blast. literally like 10 of my close friends had jeeps or trucks, we all had the same shop class together, we all were gearheads. It was only natural that i got into it.

Well my cousin nick had his first lifted xj at the time, and when i lifted mine he told me about this local club, called SiSOffRoad, came to a meet, joined up on the old forum, and the rest is history.
                        Got into crawling, built the xj, started helpin will with HMC stuff and that got me really into the racing/competition scene, started working at claytonia, now all i want to do is have a buggy, compete, and hammerdown 24/7
                        Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 01-20-2011, 09:26 PM.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

My dad kept a CJ-2 in the woods when I was a kid (not much has changed) and I always loved Cherokees.

I'm determined to pull that CJ out one day.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Rico got me into wheeling

Comment

Will did, actually. I didn't have a car in High School but during the summers I drove a Black '86 Grand Wagoneer. When I moved out to Pittsburgh, Will would always send me badass videos of his Jeep wheeling around in CT. When I got home, I was given a Jeep Cherokee and it was lifted no less than 3 weeks later. Been wheeling ever since.

My father is a big Jeep guy and I've always loved the sport of offroad racing.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                              X