• Show
Clear All

• Things Babies Born in 2011 Will Never Know

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...y-kids_parents

i found this interesting....figure i'd share
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Yup, the internet is changing the world.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      Yup, the internet is changing the world.
      i hope i'm not the only one who's bummed about this.
      i'm so glad i was born when i was because i'd really hate to grow up in this decade!
      erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

Most of that stuff is insignificant though. I'm mean wired phones, video tape, travel agents. Not like these things would change their lives and they will be different people. They might be more impatient though, always wanting the answers right away.

Comment

it's so weird to think that one day our kids are gonna look at us like we're crazy...think about the stuff our parents had that isn't around anymore...and how 'normal' that was for them
          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

I am usually all for technology and innovation, but there is one thing i think our generation will not only lack, but dearly miss one day.

I finally reached the age where my father saw it fit to show me his photo albums from high school and his early 20's before responsibility took over. I flipped through pages of old faded photos from the late 70's and early 80's. All those memories, every picture had a story, every can of budweiser, crazy haircut, stoner kid with a guitar; it reminded me of the movie dazed and confused. Afterwards, not only was i intrigued by what my father had shared with me, but kind of sad as well. I realized that in my generation, there are no developed photos anymore, all of those sometimes forgotten memories exsist on a computer screen. How do i show my son what my adolesecent years were like?? Someday i'd sure like to open up an old photo album and look back on the "good times". I guess in a way those are dead though, and above all, that to me is probably the most depressing thing that age of technology has done.

Ohh and after reading that list there is one more. I really hope that radio never dies. I mean real radio (not corporate or satellite), stations like WCCC. Where songs aren't on a 1 hour loop, where the personalities actually talk, where you can make requests, and go to radio station sponsored concerts and events. Without Radio, there is no music. that being said.... Long live Rock 'n Roll!!!!!
            Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

My kids will probably be like what's a Cherokee lol
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                I am usually all for technology and innovation, but there is one thing i think our generation will not only lack, but dearly miss one day.

I finally reached the age where my father saw it fit to show me his photo albums from high school and his early 20's before responsibility took over. I flipped through pages of old faded photos from the late 70's and early 80's. All those memories, every picture had a story, every can of budweiser, crazy haircut, stoner kid with a guitar; it reminded me of the movie dazed and confused. Afterwards, not only was i intrigued by what my father had shared with me, but kind of sad as well. I realized that in my generation, there are no developed photos anymore, all of those sometimes forgotten memories exsist on a computer screen. How do i show my son what my adolesecent years were like?? Someday i'd sure like to open up an old photo album and look back on the "good times". I guess in a way those are dead though, and above all, that to me is probably the most depressing thing that age of technology has done.
                i print a lot of my picture.....a lotttttttttt....i either just put them away in a drawer or i have a bunch of frames around my bedroom...when i have my own place it's going to be covered in photographs. i just think having the printed copy is so much better and i know i can hold onto them for as long as i want. imagine if one day facebook just crapped itself? you'd have nothing to share. kinda crazy.
                2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

precisely. I need to really start doing that.

I want them developed though, do they still have those things where you can put a USB card in and get actual prints from the photo place in like walgreens???
                  Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

this is the saddest thing I have ever seen! And only makes me more avid about living as simply as possible. For one, I hope my kids never even have to, or WANT to use any of that shit like I have to.

Comment

Basically, we're starting to realize that our kids are going to be looking at us like we looked at our parents.
                      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                      MK2 Jetta > M3
                      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        precisely. I need to really start doing that.

I want them developed though, do they still have those things where you can put a USB card in and get actual prints from the photo place in like walgreens???
                        Yea they do, they have them in the back of Milford Photo also.

Comment

zullo-

www.snapfish.com

i use that site all the time. you just upload your pics from your computer. i think right now they have 'penny prints' going on...99 prints for .99

i usually find codes online that let me get like 20 prints free at a time. i can help you find some if you need...it saves you money & you dont even need to leave your house haha
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                            it's so weird to think that one day our kids are gonna look at us like we're crazy...think about the stuff our parents had that isn't around anymore...and how 'normal' that was for them

its weird growing up

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

times change. it's a fact of life
                              1987 YJ
                              I'm still learning...

Comment

Working...
                              X