Clear All

• opinions

Opinions about the M14 and its variats
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Its freakin awesome

I will let Phil opine, but he will more or less say that at the end of the day in much greater detail with much greater insight
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Are you going to be a sniper?
      Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
        Are you going to be a sniper?
        easy John, easy.
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

that was how out of line his comment was.

I have always wanted an M14. I really like the look and the performance is not to bad either. Turn on the Phil Signal someone has a gun question.

Comment

How was it out of line? And if i wanted to be a sniper id get a m21 im planning on getting one of the socom 2's when i turn 18
            97' zj
            2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Looks cool, But on Springfield's site it says suggested retail is $1727!

Comment

hoggie I was not talking about you. It was the comment of a guy at cabellas. I was buying a scope and he asked me if i was going to be a sniper.....

Go to Wal-Mart they wont card you.

Comment

Lol okay and i dont think that exceptes 7.62
                  97' zj
                  2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Matt, you can't go wrong with the M14 platform AT ALL.

Springfield Armory makes the receivers in Brazil but http://www.fulton-armory.com/ makes theirs in America. Fulton is little bit more expensive and springfield armory isn't bad, sometimes it just irks people that their guns are made in oppressed societies.

Anyway, the Springfield Armory M1A is a great gun and they all shoot great, easy takedown, parts are easy to get, easy to fit and the are absurdly accurate.

Problem with them is mounting a scope, really. They were never designed to have a scope, so the scope mounts have to be wrap around style which gets bolted to the side of the receiver, rather than the top and because of that, the scope becomes ridiculously high off the gun, ruining your cheek weld.

If you get an M1A or M14 variant, don't put a scope on it. Learn to use the iron sights. M1A iron sights still work at and well past 600 yards.

My only concern is ammunition - Yes, you can a Basic Springfield Armory M1A for $1200-$1500 easily, but ammunition costs will tally up. Even military surplus can run up to $.60 a round, and with a semi-auto, it gets expensive.

My thoughts? Buy one, Absolutely. Get this: http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=13

Their basic model is just that - Basic. It's an M14 receiver with a good barrel. With everything else you end up paying for shit you won't appreciate like a $1000 McMillan Stock and a Nation Match Trigger. Trigger Jobs are easy on the M1A and the stock trigger can be made very crisp with a 2 stage pull.

Even thought the M16 platform has replaced the M14 as standard issue, the M14 still proudly serves this country as a Designated Marksman and other roles.
                    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 01-07-2011, 08:02 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Ya i shot them before and i dont like the rail that runs over the recvier bc then yiu cant use stripper clips
                      97' zj
                      2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

http://springfield-armory.primediaou.../SPstory28.php
                        97' zj
                        2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Get the one Phil linked and just add anything else you want onto it. I love these guns. They're super easy to disassemble and maintain.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                            Ya i shot them before and i dont like the rail that runs over the recvier bc then yiu cant use stripper clips
                            The fucking Gun has the ability to accept a Detachable box magazine. Why in God's Name would you want to use Stripper Clips??

It's a double stacked box mag as well, remove the damn thing and Top it off.
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

For the hell of it their easier for me to use when im laying down
                              97' zj
                              2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Working...
                              X