PHIL TEACH ME THINGS .950 JDJ!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHIL TEACH ME THINGS .950 JDJ!!!!!!

What the hell is this beast and what the hell fires shuch a round?

That is a 12g shell!

The .950 is 3,600 grains

DO WANT
    Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

My name isnt phil, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night

As its name implies, rifles chambered for the cartridge have a bore diameter of 0.950", which would normally classify them as Destructive Devices under the 1968 (1934) National Firearms Act. However, SSK sought and received a "Sporting Use Exception" to de-regulate the rifles, meaning they can be purchased like any other Title I rifle by a person over age 18 with no felonious criminal record.[citation needed] The rifles themselves, of which only a handful have been made, use McMillan stocks and extraordinarily thick Krieger barrels bearing an 18 lb (8.2 kg) muzzle brake. Overall, depending on options, the rifles weigh from 80 to 110 pounds (36 to 50 kg) and are therefore only useful for shooting from a bench rest or heavy bipod.[3] Despite the weight, recoil is significant, and shooters must be sure to choose components (i.e., scopes and bipods) that can handle the abuse. The sheer size and weight of these weapons makes them impractical for hunting use, as they cannot be carried afield. Thus, they are largely "range queens"—rifles that are brought to the range for a fun time, but not usually used for hunting or other "more practical" uses. Additionally, the cost of owning and operating such a firearm is beyond most shooters; the rifles cost ~US$8,000, loaded cartridges are $40 each, and the individual lathe-turned bronze bullets are $10 apiece.[4]
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

thanks wikipediea but i will wait for the gunsmith
      Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
        thanks wikipediea but i will wait for the gunsmith
        Wiki-what?

Coll-een
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

I'll tell you what it is; it's a garbage can made out of brass that you dump powder into and press a big bullet into, it's some other gunsmith flexing his muscles just to be 'that guy with the biggest rifle', 'this is what I can do' and it isn't fun to shoot.

What fun is a gun that weighs 110 pounds? At what point do you say 'Wow, this is Stupid'? You may as well throw some axles under it and a motor and turn it into a fucking Tank. I'm pissed my AR15 weighs close to 10 pounds so I took it apart last night and started selling the parts.

If you want a gun that blows shit up, save your pennies and get a Barrett. There is no practical application for the 959 JDJ or any of those absurd JDJ cartridges other than some dude tinkering in a gunsmith shop somewhere cranking out wildcats no one will buy.
          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 01-05-2011, 12:29 PM.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            Wiki-what?

Coll-een
            lolz

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

But anyway, it is based off the 20mm Vulcan rounds, it shoots the 95 caliber bullet, that weighs 3600 grains, at 2200 feet per second.

Fuck. That.

If you want another Absurdly large round, check out the 729 Jongmans, which is, and I quote, 'Needlessly overpowerful for any game on Earth'.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

So its a rife that weighs as much as Nicole and it doesn't clean Wills room.
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Burt Gummer took on grabboids with a .375 H&H Mag in Tremors. psh.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    So its a rife that weighs as much as Nicole and it doesn't clean Wills room.
                    LOL

i would not have a fun time with that gun
                    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

It would be like the coyote and blow u back like twelve feet nicole lol
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
                        X