Old project anew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old project anew

I've finally started working on my 68 Dart again. I had not touched the car in around 14 years, but now it's in the garage and I'm digging into it. A buddy of mine pulled it out of a junk yard in 1976 and built a nasty little hotrod out of it. It was running a 318 block .030 over, with 340 heads, 340 torker intake, 750cfm carb, headers, 727 trans and 8.75 suregrip with 3.55 gears. During this build I am going to try to keep it old school and true to the way it was built in the 70's, but I'll be looking for a 340 block to swap in.The only modern upgrade planned is disc brakes up front. Here's some pics of what I have to work with....

#3 cylinder is shot.

And one from the last summer I drove it, I believe 1996...

I think the wonder years just exploded all over this thread.
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

This is my buddy Carl's dart. runs a 10 second 1/4. make yours look like this monster.

fucking beast.

No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

holy shit thats awesome
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Sex
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
            This is my buddy Carl's dart. runs a 10 second 1/4. make yours look like this monster.

fucking beast.

440/727/dana60?...

Comment

Cool car, I love the A-bodies. My first car was a 71 Duster 340...that I sold Anyways, post progress pics as you go.
              -1988 Comanche 31's, rot box
              -1990 Comanche 35's, 44 locked, beater
              -1977 F-250 Highboy 35's, gas pig
              -2012 6.7 Powerstroke 37's, tow rig
              The junkpile keeps growing!

Comment

LOL tubbed with that much tire wrinkling fury and it can only muster a 10 sec pass?

Comment

Looks like a fun project! My dad and I are planning on digging into the Yenko this summer and get it rolling.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

sweet project man. one of my teachers has 2 darts. he drags one and is restoring the other. very cool cars. The amount of time he takes with drag racing is unreal. He is a perfectionist beyond belief. He gets upset when his reaction times are like .001 off.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                      LOL tubbed with that much tire wrinkling fury and it can only muster a 10 sec pass?
                      driver?? lol. to be honest i don't even know all the shit that has been done to that thing, i know there's some gnarley stuff goin on though.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                      X