Need some body wiork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some body wiork

Anyone have a friend of a friend or 'know a guy' who does body work? My brother backed into my dads Maxima and its pretty fawked. The whole rear passenger door is pushed in and all crinkled.

I'm just looking to avoid an expensive shop.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

Get a new door and paint it. I think thats the best way?

Thats what I did when someone hit and run my jeep, but I also got 1400 from their insurance cause I got his plate and I got a door for free, and painted was 200..
    FUCKING GENO

Comment

Originally posted by PapaGeno21 View Post
      Get a new door and paint it. I think thats the best way?

Thats what I did when someone hit and run my jeep, but I also got 1400 from their insurance cause I got his plate and I got a door for free, and painted was 200..
      That would be all fine and good. But its an 04. I think its more cimplicated than "take the old one off. Paint it and put the new one on"

I admit I don't know much about it but I don't want to do a hack jon on the car my dad will likely be driving for another 10 years
      Last edited by Adam; 03-15-2009, 07:24 PM.
      2000 XJ
      2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

there is a company on ebay i have dealt with before that you give them the paint code and they paint it for you. then ship it to your house and all you got to do is mount it up. let me see if i can find them.
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

I don't really see how getting a new door, and having it professionally painted is considered a "Hack job".

It will look a whole lot better than trying to unwrinkle a smashed door...
          FUCKING GENO

Comment

Originally posted by PapaGeno21 View Post
            I don't really see how getting a new door, and having it professionally painted is considered a "Hack job".

It will look a whole lot better than trying to unwrinkle a smashed door...
            Not if a body shop does it, which is what I orginally asked.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Well a body shop is going to have to paint the door, but you can save yourself a bunch of money by switching to Gieco, err, installing the door yourself.
              FUCKING GENO

Comment

macco does a decent job painting if you prep it yourself....

Comment

paint is expensive as fuck right now. my auto body guy wanted around 500 to prep and paint my rear hatch and i know the guy personally and was giving me a deal. I called maaco and they wanted 175 but i would have to prep it
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i'm pretty good with bondo and such but its been 2 years since i've done any work like that, so i won't even bother offering my services. even then the most i did was make some custom fenders from my buddies motorcycle, they came out real sweet, wish i had some pictures laying around.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                      paint is expensive as fuck right now. my auto body guy wanted around 500 to prep and paint my rear hatch and i know the guy personally and was giving me a deal. I called maaco and they wanted 175 but i would have to prep it
                      How much are you looking to spend if you find a black one? My niece's friend owns a Junkyard around here that may still have a black tailgate for you. They're calling me back to confirm it +price.

Comment

Adam I would just get a new door and have it painted. Probably the best way to have it repaired. The crushed and crinkled door even repaired will not look as god as the fresh door.
                        Ryan
                        2013 Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter32 View Post
                          Adam I would just get a new door and have it painted. Probably the best way to have it repaired. The crushed and crinkled door even repaired will not look as god as the fresh door.
                          Thank you.

Im not the only one who feels that is the best way. Most likely the cheapest also.
                          FUCKING GENO

Comment

In order to make the paint job look good you have to blend it because the paint has faded. If you want it done correctly and look like new you have to get the side of the car blended in.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                              In order to make the paint job look good you have to blend it because the paint has faded. If you want it done correctly and look like new you have to get the side of the car blended in.
                              Absolutely. Otherwise you will see the difference in the colors, especially at night. There was these girls in school who got into a lot of accidents in their sentra and under street lights you could see that there was 3 different paintjobs from the front fender, door, and rear quarter panel.

Comment

Working...
                              X