Aluminum Flex Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Flex Pipe

Is there some type of voodoo black magic you need to use in order to install this shit without it turning to a pile of shit in the process? I've been working construction for years and am quite the handyman, yet every time I mess with this shit it never wants to cooperate. First it starts to divot and bend and get all out of form, then there always ends up being little tears happening all over the place, then, when I finally get it on the connector i need it on, it fucking starts to unravel.

Why the fuck can they not spend the extra $.60 to make a coupler end on it so that this shit doesnt happen? its fucking bullshit man. WTF!

/Rant
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Get some DOM flex pipe.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

fuck that, at this point im getting a shot and a beer.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

Longer bends?
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

that stuff really doesnt bend that much. you have to use longer bends

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Its not bending it, its getting the ends on connectors, whether it be for a dryer vent, fan vent, anything along those lines. Never seems to fucking work for me. even if its a straight section, still doesnt want to go on.

Comment

haha i hear ya. i had to run about 20ft of it to vent my dryer, shit doesnt stay on the couplers for crap. I honestly slide them together the best i can then use the foil back tape they sell in the same aisle as ducting, so much easier because when you try to move the stuff around with just the clamps on, they tend to fall apart etc
              up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
              eliminator MJ - Sold
              99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
              Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                haha i hear ya.
                See, this right here alone makes me feel 110% better. Thanks man

Comment

Pussy...
                  1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                  1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
                  2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

^ Now thats just not nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bangarang View Post
                      Pussy...
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Working...
                      X