When you call a business...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you call a business...

...and you get no answer but instead you get to listen to an Answering machine, what do you do?

Do you actually listen to what the business owner put on the answering machine or do you simply Disregard everything that was said and express out loud why no one has picked up the phone, even if the answering machine CLEARLY STATES WHY no one has picked up the phone?

I'd boggles my mind the people the call up, listen to the message on the machine and then scream into the phone "CALL ME TODAY PLEASE, ARE YOU THERE? WHY AREN'T YOU THERE?" on a day when the machine clearly states the business isn't operating. And not only that, but they get so worked up that we aren't here, they don't even leave their number for us to return their call! Out of control.

These people own Firearms.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

everytime i hear shit like this it reminds me never to open a store front
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

I almost don't want to start my own business because of the General Population.
      sigpic

Comment

people call me all the time with ridiculous questions. sometimes i laugh, sometimes it drives me crazy.

but what makes me mad is when a business just neglects you. i know it's off topic to what you posted but i am dealing with this situation right now. i ordered something from you, you are supposed to take care of it, and send me my stuff. not ignore my emails and then actually expect me to pay full price when the stuff is over a month late.
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
          people call me all the time with ridiculous questions. sometimes i laugh, sometimes it drives me crazy.

but what makes me mad is when a business just neglects you. i know it's off topic to what you posted but i am dealing with this situation right now. i ordered something from you, you are supposed to take care of it, and send me my stuff. not ignore my emails and then actually expect me to pay full price when the stuff is over a month late.
          Yeah, I know what you mean and sometimes our customers think we neglect them. The problem is (and this is mainly with Beretta warranty stuff) if something on a Beretta gun breaks, we can't just go and make the part or find a new spring out of our Magic Box of Assorted Springs, we need a cataloged part and part number from Beretta and sometimes just getting that part from them to place in a customer's gun takes almost 2 weeks.

There is one guy that called before because his pistol was sent to use due to a broken Safety Disconnect. Well, we replaced it three times now and it keep breaking. We have absolutely no idea why the gun keeps destroying itself and it isn't an easy job to replace the part. It takes just about an hour to replace that part, so it's costing us a lot of time, the customer is pissed and Beretta wants nothing to do with it and they won't send us the dimensions for the fucking thing. The customer is pissed, we're pissed and I want to take the gun and put it on our Drop Saw but I can't, despite it being the best thing that would ever happen to it.

And on top of that he leaves obnoxious messages. Never ends.
          sigpic

Comment

see, you have a good excuse. these people don't. everything is in house.

it's wonderful, it really is.

it's just sad because these companies obviously want customers to come back and work with them again, or recommend them to others...and when they do stuff like this it definitely doesn't help their case.
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I ordered a Martin D45 acoustic guitar for someone.

1) It's a Martin. They're made to order.

2) Made to order takes time.

3) It's an acoustic, which takes even longer. It's not just routing a couple holes in a slab of wood and calling it a day.

I've gotten upwards of three to four calls A DAY since the 17th asking why his guitar isn't ready. Every single time, I explain to him what I explained when he ordered it: that Martin didn't have any D45's but they said they'd make one, and it'd take three to four months. I told him this before he ordered.

I want to take his guitar and beat him over the head with it when it comes in.
              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
              MK2 Jetta > M3
              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                see, you have a good excuse. these people don't. everything is in house.

it's wonderful, it really is.

it's just sad because these companies obviously want customers to come back and work with them again, or recommend them to others...and when they do stuff like this it definitely doesn't help their case.
                Who are you attempting to deal with??
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  everytime i hear shit like this it reminds me never to open a store front
                  This is why I'm trying to get into B2B sales instead

Comment

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
                    This is why I'm trying to get into B2B sales instead
                    I would say B2B is 85% of what I am doing right now as-is. Lets hope that keeps up...the general populous nonsense is sometimes a little much..though ive had mostly good luck with that, there are a few morons out there...thankfully none competitors.
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

AND YOU KNOW WHAT DOESN'T HELP?

My boss comes in at 12:00 and starts ANSWERING THE PHONE. I constantly tell him he needs to stop, but he won't. It's like a DRUG. MUST ANSWER PHONE.

sigpic

Comment

you mean theres a business that isnt open only when i, the customer, need it to be? WTF????

thats the problem with america today. damn kids and your business hours. i want it now dammit!
                        winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          you mean theres a business that isnt open only when i, the customer, need it to be? WTF????

thats the problem with america today. damn kids and your business hours. i want it now dammit!
                          It's a good thing I take nothing you say seriously anyway.
                          sigpic

Comment

winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Are you guys an LLC, Phil?
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X