lift investigation for my tj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift investigation for my tj

i have been shopping around online looking at different lift kits and after reading many different opinions so far and having dealt with clayton before i decided that the clayton kit is the only way i would go hands down because of the bombproof quality and service with those guys. i already have lower adjustables from them and they are gorgeous.

the only issues for me to do this are a few things:

#1. obviously the lift kits are expensive for me since i am in college now and dont have a ton of money, but its the only way to go so its either sack up and dish out the cash this summer or wait another year to save more.

#2. i have 3x33" tires that are decent that bill (kracker) gave me. thanks man! however the fourth of the set is punctured a bit on the sidewall and i cant remember how badly or if it hit the wires in there BUT if it wasnt that bad i was thinking of getting it vulcanized. i could either do that or get another new tire or used that matches semi closely to the tread pattern and throw it on the front. what do you guys reccomend for this situation? still playin with ideas for that.

#3 for anyone that has a clayton lift kit, i've heard the springs are damn good so can anyone offer some feedback ont hat? will it sag? will the 4in fit nicely with 33s with no trimming and no body lift, etc?

thanks for any opinions or feedback that anyone may have. just looking into it all still now.
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

In before Pasta FaZullo
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

4 inch and 33s is a pretty standard set up and clayton is the shiznit. sounds like a good plan dude. I would get a new tire also if you can. or find a cheap set of matching 33s on craigslist for the time being until you can afford something new

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

or he could set a set of inner tubes from slime...cheap temporary fix for the gash issue...
        99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

I have a 4 in and have run 35's at times without much rubbing. I have 33's right now and have never stuffed them front or rear, but i also put in a 1 inch bb. I'm happy with it. I have a few pics if you wanna see how it looks set up. I only have a short arm though.
          1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
          1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
          2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

im at 3.5"-4"" with 36's

i like the clayton kit, but im not a huge fan of the long arm mounting brackets.

they put the lower CA joint right under the frame rail and the tabs get smashed to shit. small complaint for an otherwise good working kit
            Last edited by grundlepunch; 10-12-2010, 11:34 AM.
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

sorry i didnt specify but im looking at short arms. the long arm setup just seems like too much for me in terms of modification, cash, and capability. i just dont see myself needing it for now. i have also heard short arms are a lot better for road and highway handling because they have like less play? somehting like that. whether or not this is true i am still going to do short arm because of money.
              Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

i personally wouldnt go over 3" with short arms. If you go more you will have a harsh ride and bad angles.

you can run 33" s on a 3 inch no prob
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

save some monies and get the RE 3,5" kit

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspen...px?part=RE7003

Comment

Working...
                  X