No announcement yet.

This Angers me to the highest degree...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Angers me to the highest degree...

...but you know what, at least the guy is dead. Stupid Kills.

The Michigan Supreme Court stopped a federal lawsuit Thursday that blamed muffler companies for the death of a Brighton man who inhaled car exhaust in a closed garage.

The family of Craig White, who died in April 2005 while working on his car, claimed that improper instructions on the muffler-and-tailpipe-repair kits of Victor Automotive Products, Barjan Products and Bell Automotive Products led to White's death.
    The state Court of Appeals kept the lawsuit open in May when it overturned a Livingston County Circuit Court judge's decision to dismiss the lawsuit, but the Supreme Court reversed that ruling Thursday saying "we reinstate the summary disposition order of the Livingston Circuit Court."
    According to court documents, White purchased the repair kit manufactured and marketed by the defendants. The instructions provided with the kit indicated to wrap a metal patch on a hole in the muffler and to "start the engine and run at idle for at least 10 minutes."
    White was working on his vehicle at about 11 a.m. April 29, 2005, when his wife and son left the home. When they returned at about 2:15 p.m., they found him dead in the garage with the car on a floor jack, the vehicle motor running and the garage door closed.
    An autopsy confirmed that White died of asphyxiation from carbon monoxide.
    Attorneys for White's family argue the defendants failed to warn customers about carbon-monoxide poisoning and failed to include in the package instructions that vehicles should not be run in an enclosed space after the engine is started.
    Attorneys for the defendants argued the "dangers of carbon-monoxide poisoning are obvious and should have been a matter of common knowledge." They also argue the risk of injury or death from running a vehicle engine in an enclosed garage should be obvious to the customer.
    The trial judge ruled it would be obvious such action was dangerous and that other options, such as opening the garage door, would have been "a lot better."
    The Supreme Court adopted the dissenting opinion of an appeals court judge who said it was carbon monoxide that killed White, not the muffler wrap.
    http://www.livingstondaily.com/artic...uffler+company

I mean, really. Really? Darwin is on a fucking ROLL these days. Too bad he already bred. The Gene pool is fucking Tainted. Then they decide to sue the Muffler Companies.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

**WARNING** while install this brand air filter into your vehicle, do not cut off your arm with a saw-zall. serious injury or death could occur
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

No one takes responsibility for their actions. Im sorry your husband is dead. He died from retardation. plain and simple.

Comment

I hear installing the exhaust while the motor is running makes things easier.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

Stupid kills...
          1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
          1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
          2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
            **WARNING** while install this brand air filter into your vehicle, do not cut off your arm with a saw-zall. serious injury or death could occur

seriously some people just need a stapler to the forehead.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
              I hear installing the exhaust while the motor is running makes things easier.

This is the truef
              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                No one takes responsibility for their actions.
                this. i think thats probably the majority of cases where people are sueing.

when i worked at the park a woman and her child almost drowned because instead of her standing up in the 3 foot pool she decided just clutching onto the kid and sinking was a great plan. I pulled them both up caughing and sputtering and brought them to the edge of the pool. they were fine....fine enough to try and sue us.
                2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                J10 project do want.
                "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Same as the reason why coffee cups warn "contents maybe hot"
                  88 XJ / 6"lift Long arms/ Front Locker / Homemade Bumpers/ 33 dickcepts Crusher's

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                    this. i think thats probably the majority of cases where people are sueing.

when i worked at the park a woman and her child almost drowned because instead of her standing up in the 3 foot pool she decided just clutching onto the kid and sinking was a great plan. I pulled them both up caughing and sputtering and brought them to the edge of the pool. they were fine....fine enough to try and sue us.
                    So, wait...

"I'm suing you because I'm too dumb to realize that, since I can't swim, the deep end is a bad idea."

Does this sound about right?
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

cant fix stupid

Comment

Originally posted by SANDS-77 View Post
                        cant fix stupid
                        Lies, they make many solutions, in great flavor like 9mm, .357mag and .45acp
                        dirty30

Comment

dats my birfday!!!!
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Working...
                          X