Recommend me a GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a GPS

Looking to get a new GPS, I have been looking at Gamins but I really have no idea what the difference really is they all have a ton of little features I will probably never need (i.e. Lane assist etc.)

I have a TomTom that I got for Christmas last year and that thing is about as useful as a Rusty's track bar. Case in point, I has going to Danby, Vermont yesterday to my Uncles house to pick up my Dad's chain saw. The TomTom wanted me to go up Rt. 7 the whole time. Luckily I knew vaguely knew how to get there and managed to get up 22 pretty far before I screwed up and took a sharp right instead of going just right. I figured this out when I ended up in Mass. Backtracked 10 min and got back going the right way. Ended up only taking about 4hrs to get there. The TomTom just kept telling me to turn around and go back.. The voice on it is also annoying as fawk.

Cliff Notes: What GPS would you reccomend. TomTom's are pieces of shit.
    99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

GPS debate...

Vote 1 for garmin.
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

vote 1 for a aaa map, or one better - topo map.
      1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
      1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
      2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Garmins are pretty solid, ive had my garmin nuvi for 3 years and it never lets me down, although I hardly use it anymore since I know my way around virginia now and anytime I really need a quick gps I just use my droid.

But garmins are great, and the newer ones give you traffic and weather updates

Comment

got my wife a garmin for christmas and haven't gotten one frantic call from her saying she's lost, always been spot on when I've used it also think it's the 265 flavor with traffic and weather included for free (a tiny ad for red lobster pops up every couple of weeks to support it)

doug
          1992 xj Briarwood
          Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
          Welded front and rear
          13' LED roof lights
          Disco ball
          Truck nuts
          Spinners

Comment

I have my garmin 60CSx handheld in the forsale section, Its more for exploring but you can upload a normal street map and it will give you turn by turn directions. Look it up online for all the stuff it does I cant remember. Pron not what your looking for but just thought I'd throw it out there
            98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

be a man and use a map.

waiting for philiano.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

My TomTom is shit compared to my sprint GPS on my crackberry.

Comment

I like my garmin
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I like my Garmin Nuvi.
                    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                    X