Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a War going on at our Doorstep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a War going on at our Doorstep...

...And we are down the street dealing with other assholes trying to kill us...

As much as I hate the Mexican't government, good riddance to these fuckers.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010...t=nytimesworld

22 Gunmen Killed in Battle With Mexican Soldiers

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) -- A gunbattle between Mexican soldiers and suspected drug cartel members left 22 dead at ranch near the U.S. border, the Defense Department said Thursday.

All the dead were suspected gang members, the department said in a statement. One soldier was injured.

The military said the drug suspects provoked the gunbattle Wednesday morning, opening fire on soldiers conducting reconnaissance patrols at a ranch on the outskirts of Ciudad Mier, a northeastern town about 18 miles (30 kilometers) south of the border with Texas.

Soldiers seized 55 grenades, 18 rifles, four handguns guns, 99 ammunition clips, 1,540 rounds of ammunition and vehicles at the ranch, the statement said. They also found military style uniforms, which are frequently used by drug gangs staging attacks.

The fighting erupted hours before celebrations started across Mexico for the bicentennial anniversary of its independence from Spain.

It did not disrupt festivities in the main cities in northeastern Mexico, where violence has reached war-like proportions this year amid a split between the Gulf cartel and its former gang of henchmen, the Zetas.

Gunbattles erupt frequently between soldiers and gang members, who sometimes stage road blockades to disrupt military operations or keep security forces from calling in reinforcements during shootouts. Sometimes, assailants steal buses and even motorists out of their cars to use in the blockades.

Across Mexico, drug-gang violence has claimed an unprecedented 28,000 lives since December 2006, when President Felipe Calderon deployed thousands of troops and federal police to fight the cartels in their strongholds along the U.S. border and in Pacific coast states.

In the border city of Ciudad Juarez, gunmen ambushed two newspaper photographers in their car Thursday, killing one and wounding the other.

Luis Carlos Santiago and Carlos Sanchez, of the Diario de Juarez, were driving to lunch when they were attacked, newspaper director Pedro Torres told The Associated Press.

Santiago, 21, was killed and Sanchez was in serious condition, Torres said.

Torres said he did not know why the photographers were targeted. He said Santiago had just started working for the newspaper two weeks ago, and Sanchez was an intern.

Mexican journalists are increasingly under siege from cartels seeking to control the flow of information.

The Committee to Protect Journalists, a New York-based watchdog group, said in a recent report that at least 22 Mexican journalists have been killed during the Calderon administration.
    Nuke em all.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

And supposedly we're the bad guys for not helping them. I love how everybody in the world criticizes america then when something terrible happens, be in natural diaster or gang stuff like this everybody looks to us and is pissed off that we aren't "doing enough".
    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

According to the Calderon fucks this is all our fault anyway. Quoting them.....They say they wouldn't have this problem if it weren't for America's dependence on drugs and the ease at which they (Mexicans) can gain access to weapons from our country.

Kiss my ass. Take care of your own issues so your GNP profit isn't driven by drug sales.

Just my .02
      92 XJ 4 1/2" SkyJacker hybrid lift, 2 1/2" leafs, adj. shackle, JKS discos, T-case drop, braided hoses, adj t/b, 31x10.50 Cooper STT's and black steelies, D30 and 8.25.

Comment

we do consume the most drugs on the plants. its insane. gangs will build submarines that cost about 1 million dollars each just for one trip up to the USA.

the USA does need to get their shit together.

and they say we need better gun laws down there because americans will just walk into gun shops down there and get a couple assault rifles and other guns and then send them across the border to mexico to be used in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicleless View Post

and they say we need better gun laws down there because americans will just walk into gun shops down there and get a couple assault rifles and other guns and then send them across the border to mexico to be used in the fight.
          The democrats in this country would be happy to oblige, right?
          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 09-18-2010, 06:21 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

i think a lot of people down there would like a little more control on it, not just the democrats, or the tea partiers, or the republicans. i think they are just unsure exactly how to go about it.

I am not going to say that I know how to stop the flow of guns, but even you have to admit that that is a problem.

Comment

Actually I won't admit there is a problem because they are purchasing the guns completely legally and then breaking the law by exporting them to criminals. What they are doing is already illegal, why make it illegal again? If Texas had the same gun restrictive gun laws as Connecticut, it would still be happening. You can flat out ban guns and they would still somehow in someway obtain them.

The problem is the people that decide to break our laws, not the gun laws or the guns themselves, a very big difference and even a liberal like yourself has to buckle down one day and realize this.
              sigpic

Comment

Well phil, obviously the guns are the problem here, they are the objects that repeatedly break our laws all by themselves. So, blame guns and lets put more restrictions on them, that'll make the world safer.
                1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

i wasn't saying the guns are the problem, it is the people that are the problem. i believe that people have the right to own a gun.

We can't look at this situation and think it is good, because it isn't.

maybe tighter border checkpoints leaving the country or other things. I am not sure but to see that guns bought in the US are being used in a drug war and doing nothing is fucked up.

i am not saying get rid of guns or something like that. but there has to eb a solution to stop the flow of weapons across the border, and drugs

Comment

So is the answer more barbed wire?
                    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

i think the solution is to have these about every 100 yards along the border, they are even mobile.

Comment

Haha, just read an article suggesting the use of land mines, seems a little extreme.
                        1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                        2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Originally posted by bangarang View Post
                          Haha, just read an article suggesting the use of land mines, seems a little extreme.

mexicans are quick learners, pretty sure landmines would solve the problem
                          winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Working...
                          X