wtf should I do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf should I do.

so I got an 8.8 out of a 95 explorer from a junk yard. It was supposed to have limited slip, disks, and 3.55. The dumb fuck pulled the axle out of the wrong explorer and gave me one with disks, open diff, and 3.55. After some research I found that he LS axles only came in 3.73 and 4.10 so this guy is obviously a retard. I currently have 3.55's so I'm thinking that rather than bitch and get my money back, I'm going to keep it, milk the guy for some more parts, and get on with it. If I want to lock it, ill throw in a detroit or something like that.... or maybe even lincoln lock?

what should I doooo
    91 YJ: 4.0, 4" lift, 33" TSL's, SYE, Woody driveshaft, cut flares

If it is the same gearing I wouldnt worry. Just toss a aussie in there, Is it still Disk braked?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

ya... and they look almost brand new.

I guess this guy fucking up ended up good

I would buy an aussie for the d30 first though

Comment

Nah, buy it for the 8.8 first. less shafts and ujoints to worry about breaking.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

very true.. especially if I'm going to at least a 35" till the uno tons.

Comment

Your better off without the LSD, the dont really do much for you offroad. Like Caleb said throw an aussie in it..Cheap, easy, and it works..Not to mention the pain in the ass of getting the LSD apart later to put in a locker.
            98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Gonna get rid of the FLANGE??
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                Gonna get rid of the FLANGE??
                f.......l.......a..........n.....g.........e...... ..
                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I have not thought about removing it, I do however have the driveshaft out of the vehicle with the adapter to a U joint from the flange

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                    f.......l.......a..........n.....g.........e...... ..
                    IT JUST BLEW ON HAWK.

::Standing ovation::
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pONXiJ8Lss?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pONXiJ8Lss?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

hahaha. I dont want that to happen to me

Comment

so I got the bolts for the adapter on the flange from ford.... and they are really really hard to thread in... I can only get about a turn and a half tops out of htem before they cant be turned with my hand any more. there is a considerable amount of rust, so should I can try and clean the thread?

WTF do I do.. yet again

everywhere says that its a 12mm x 1.75 x 30, but theyre all just a little too big.

Comment

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/img/...ds_Ford88B.jpg

these are the ones I got

Comment

Originally posted by GRANT View Post

what should I doooo
                              me lol

Comment

Working...
                              X