Logan steel ?'s/confermation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan steel ?'s/confermation

So since i cant go anywhere in my house without first knowing that where you are going has what your looking for, i just wanted to make sure that when i go to Logan steel tomorrow, i will be able to find what i need.
    This is more for my mom's sake then mine. I'm looking for 2x4(3/16 or 1/4) box tubing, 1x2 box tubing, and 3/16Th plate.

Anyone who has ever been there, how do these things come size wise. And how big are things in the bargain barn, small bits or sizable pieces. I'm trying to make some sliders, tranny skid, and maybe a gas tank skid. Could materials needed to make these be found in the bargain barn? That's like 5' pieces for the sliders.

If i posted this in the wrong spot, I'm sorry. Didn’t think it was really tech or fab.

Thanks for the help

all that stuff you can find in the bargain barn.

The plate is deff there, the box is hit or miss, quantity, quality wise. sometimes they have lots of it, other times they don't.

only thing i don't like about the bargain barn is most of the stuff in there is rusty as all hell and not worth my time IMO, deff deals to be had though. My favorite is finding sections of DOM priced down to a buck a pound.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

every time i go to the bargain barn, i get lucky and find a fresh cut piece. last time i came across a 74in piece that cost me about 60 bucks which left me just enough to make a xmember after my front bumper.
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

74 inch piece of what???? gold???

it's actually pretty ridiculous that they can sell a 4'x8' piece of 1/4" plate for $110 bucks fresh and it easily weighs around 200lbs.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

i got 3x6x3/16 box tubing
          God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
            i got 3x6x3/16 box tubing
            72" and you paid 60 bucks. thats rediculous dude.

I can get that for about $3 a foot.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post

it's actually pretty ridiculous that they can sell a 4'x8' piece of 1/4" plate for $110 bucks fresh and it easily weighs around 200lbs.
              So if i wanted a 4'x8' piece of 3/16 or 1/4 i should not go into the bargin barn. cause it would cost less then the dollor per pound, in the not bargin barn (what ever you would call it, warehouse maybe?)

Comment

if you wanted a sheet that size, they won't have that in the barn and you're better off talking to someone there about getting it. You need a truck to pick that up though... there is no way an xj can handle a piece of plate that size. it'll explode hahahahaha.

Biggest trick with steel is to buy in large quantities, i pay $2.32 a foot for .120 wall DOM, but it's because my 50 ft was added to an order of 200 ft.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

You need a truck to pick that up though... there is no way an xj can handle a piece of plate that size. it'll explode hahahahaha.

Biggest trick with steel is to buy in large quantities, i pay $2.32 a foot for .120 wall DOM, but it's because my 50 ft was added to an order of 200 ft.
                  Haveing my mom drive me lol. Her gas and her van. We fit sheets of plywood and sheetrock so im sure it could handle it. I dont need much so large quantities are out. really i want the stuff for the sliders and i will go from there. I just want it as cheap as possible.

And if you have any time saturday i still want those lower control arms, Got the money taped to my miror in my room so i dont spend it.

Comment

holy shit yea dude, deff. sorry i have been crazy busy with work and school last weekend i was away all weekend. I'll talk to you about them though, the bushings are okay but the arms themselves are in pretty crappy condition. If you want the Rubicon Express lowers i'll give them to you for the same price. Idk but deff saturday morning swing by and take a look.

i'll be working on the xj and my new axles probably all day.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Have fun wrestling that piece of plate out of the back of a van

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                        Haveing my mom drive me lol. Her gas and her van. We fit sheets of plywood and sheetrock so im sure it could handle it. I dont need much so large quantities are out. really i want the stuff for the sliders and i will go from there. I just want it as cheap as possible.

And if you have any time saturday i still want those lower control arms, Got the money taped to my miror in my room so i dont spend it.
                        yea.... i know you're not going to attempt it, but you do realize the weight difference between plywood and 1/4" steel..... i'd love to see a mini van handle that

you'll be fine with smaller stuff though.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

yea.... i know you're not going to attempt it, but you do realize the weight difference between plywood and 1/4" steel..... i'd love to see a mini van handle that

you'll be fine with smaller stuff though.
                          I was going for more of that if i needed a big piece then the bargin barn isnt were to go. you said 110 for a piece that weight close to 200lbs, and the bargin barn is a dollor per pound. Im not looking for anything big.

And how much would a sheet of 1/4 plate wieght (4'x8') was the 200lbs accurate. Cause my moms van has held 8 200+ lbs people so, what would the difference be?

Comment

holy shit yea dude, deff. sorry i have been crazy busy with work and school last weekend i was away all weekend. I'll talk to you about them though, the bushings are okay but the arms themselves are in pretty crappy condition. If you want the Rubicon Express lowers i'll give them to you for the same price. Idk but deff saturday morning swing by and take a look.

i'll be working on the xj and my new axles probably all day.
                            oh and where do you live, lol I just need them to be able to handle 4.5 inches of lift. Im adding 2 inches over my saggy 3in lift. So it might even be a little more then 4.5in. If they are just rusty ill work with them, They just need to by structurally sound.
                            Last edited by cherokee-at-16; 09-09-2010, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Bring a battery powered sawzall wth you if you have one..you may find the size you are looking for n the bargain barn but the peice is to long, and they dont care if you cut it to your likeing as long as its fron the bargain barn
                              98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Working...
                              X