Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Well on the last trip to Rausch my tow rig broke down on the side of I81 due to a fried Computer, After a few phone calls to a few good friends I managed to get my F250, Jeep, and trailer home.. I now face the dilema of not being able to find a computer other then through ford ford $650. Anyone have any Ideas on what to do? no local junkyards have anything for me...
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item2309dd8cef
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item335f84848e
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

those are actually Injector control modules I need the engine control module... thanks for looking though.. I cant seem to find one anywhere and for ford to get it its going to take a week!

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

the first link is an ECU

Ford Diesel Engine Computer
          Model F7TF-12B599-AA
          Factory Original Take-Off

Comment

i just went through this dilema with my 91yj, i ended up having mine rebuild through levines automotive. they sent it to some company and i had it back in a week or so, it was something around $250. i know there are no levines out there but search or go to the local auto parts place and find out where you can have it rebuilt.
            1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

finally found a rebuilt unit out of houston TX for $400 2nd day aired to me... hope it works....

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Ouch. I scored the one for my xj from Andy, cheap. Glad I don't have a tow rig haha
                Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
                X