American Pride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Pride?

so i bought a german car a while back, i have some sort of german fascination. now that is out of the way.. perhaps its just my perception but do we have little to no american pride? for example, i'm at best buy sitting in line. the tv is some german freak with a german flag color suit jumping out of a plane. is it because of Evel Knievel that no one does the same? maybe i just don't notice it. it just seems like a lot of other countries have a lot of pride for the stuff they make or do. Aside from heavymetal, i don't see american flags on stuff. what gives? tell me i'm crazy.

Big part of it might just be where you live. What im surprised about is you are close to Groton, ton of military in that area, usually you see lots of patriotic people near bases and stuff.

Ive got a flag on each of my cars, a flag hanging from my apartment porch. Im my area, most of the streets are lined with american flags on the light poles. I think the whole american pride thing blew up after 9/11 but has died down a little since then. I take a lot of pride in this great country of ours.

Comment

Here ya go!

92 XJ 4 1/2" SkyJacker hybrid lift, 2 1/2" leafs, adj. shackle, JKS discos, T-case drop, braided hoses, adj t/b, 31x10.50 Cooper STT's and black steelies, D30 and 8.25.

Comment

I have the Flag.
        Attached Files
        88 XJ / 6"lift Long arms/ Front Locker / Homemade Bumpers/ 33 dickcepts Crusher's

Comment

I can see where your coming from, I guess you could say there is a lack of pride is some places.

I, however, have an american flag on my arm. Its permanent.

Comment

yeah i remember when i was down south there were a ton of american flags and stuff.

Comment

I run one on my cb whip cause i have a friend across seas right now.
              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

i rock flags on my xj. as well ribbon stickers for a very good friend of mine who died serving our country semper fi also have a flag on my house, toolboxes, and lawnmower lol. i try to buy american made products, although its hard nowadays, if i can get it with made in usa on it, i will.
                Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                  I can see where your coming from, I guess you could say there is a lack of pride is some places.

dont mean to double post but, my next sleeve is going to be a mostly patriotic/ stars and stripes theme

Comment

alot of people have, i honor it daily. I have my own flag pole in the yard near driveway also army themed jeep / wounded warrior supporter

my flag in the background

up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                    eliminator MJ - Sold
                    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I'm making a flag mount for my jeep today. I love America so much I'd die for it.
                      1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

the shitty thing about this subject is that it takes something like 9/11 or people losing friends/family overseas for them to feel that sense of pride and unity. remember when 9/11 happened? you couldnt buy a flag anywhere or go down any street without seeing one. but sooner or later it just dies down when people "get over it" so to speak. i pride myself on being a hard working middle class american and love seeing flags on homes and cars and am glad when i can go to walmart or mcdonalds without hearing 6 people have a conversation in spanish. (though it rarely happens) AMURICA!

Comment

one day at work i decided it would be a good idea to count the american flags i saw along my route. 426 grand total
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

I have a flag on the Dubjay and we have one hanging off of our garage
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post

Right on his tainted Mexican skin.
                              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X