No announcement yet.

I learned some stuff about dogs today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I learned some stuff about dogs today.

So I was about to leave for school today and before I left I decided to feed my dogs. I chopped up some carrots to throw in with their dog food. Then looking through the fridge I was like "oooh blueberries" and tossed a handful in there too.

Well I go back to the fridge and decide to grab some more blueberries for myself to eat before I go, I look at the package again and i'm like "Shit, those are concord grapes, i'm pretty sure dogs aren't supposed to eat those."

I go look online and sure enough they are like deadly toxic to dogs. But all was not lost, I read to make them drink hydrogen peroxide and get them to throw up. Well neither of them wanted to drink that shit but I force fed them and like clockwork they threw the grapes up all over the floor. Major disaster averted.

What I learned:

Dont give dogs grapes or raisins, they can get sick and die, it happens alot actually.

Hydrogen Peroxide makes dogs throw up.

So basically if you have a dog, dont feed them grapes, and I learned chocolate is bad too.
    01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

i always thought that dogs....laid eggs. and I learned something today

actually my neighbor has a grape vine/hedge that engulfed the fence between our driveway and his backyard and his dogs go to town on them...

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
      i always thought that dogs....laid eggs. and I learned something today

actually my neighbor has a grape vine/hedge that engulfed the fence between our driveway and his backyard and his dogs go to town on them...
      I read that if they eat them from birth or something that they can be immune.
      01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

hmmm i dunno. but i was out talking to my neighbor for a half hour before and the basset hound and the boxer were goin to town

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

wow....i did not know about the grapes..good to know
          mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Dog were bred by the Native Americans to eat human fecal matter so they wouldn't have to clean up their settlement - the dogs would just eat the shit and go shit outside the settlement.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

My father used to throw everything to my dog and she never got sick from grapes unless it causes cancer it dogs

Comment

i've heard this grape thing before, and i don't know, my dog eats em all the time and hes fine doesnt even get sick er nothing.

i'm pretty sure dogs can really eat anything. i mean not chocolate, obviously.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                X