Anyone shoot Trap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone shoot Trap?

My buddy joined a local club that shoots trap among other things. He has really taken to it and I want to get involved. I would like educated recommendations on a trap gun. No not a pump Mossberg 500 or an 870 Remington. A trap gun.

What are you guys that shoot trap using? I was thinking a Browning BT99 if I want to spend a bunch or a cheap Remington 1100 trap or classic trap used that I could adjust to fit me(Montecarlo Stock). Single shot is fine though. I doubt I will be doing doubles anytime soon.

There is a new Benelli Super Black eagle that is never fired locally for $975 that is mint but I heard that has issues cycling small loads. Not a "trap gun" but will do the job and its butter smooth.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by CSaddict; 08-31-2010, 05:25 AM.

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
    Single shot is fine though. I doubt I will be doing doubles anytime soon.
    You will be suprized, shotguns are easy to get the hang of.

Comment

I'm curious to know how a Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870 fitted with a 26-28" barrel with a full choke cannot be a Trap Gun. Are the people at that club so obnoxious and elitist that they won't go a round with you if you have a gun that costs less than $500? People use Winchester Model 12s all the time which is just a pump gun. All that is required of a Trap Gun is a longer barrel with an obnoxiously stupid 'London Bridge' Rib and a modified to full choke. Any action will work, just buy the appropriate barrel. It could say Remington 1100 Trap on the side of the receiver but the moment I swap the barrel it isn't a fucking trap gun anymore. If you already own a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500, swapping the barrel is an easy task, as well a purchasing a new one online. If you already have a 26" vented rib barrel, go online and buy a full choke and a plastic montecarlo stock.

Well, whatever, if you want a designated trap gun, spend the money and get something worth it like a Browning Superposed or Browning Citori Over/Under and a good set of chokes. I have no other recommendations beyond that because I think Trap is retarded compared to Sporting Clays and Skeet.
      Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 08-31-2010, 07:39 AM.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I go back and forth on the amount I want to spend. Its not that the guys are elitists at all. But most told me to stay anyway from the import cheap guns like Stoeger,spartan and the silver reserve line mossbergs. Some guys use pump up there. I prefer not to.

I think I would prefer a gas gun to eat up a little recoil. Hoffmans has some used 1100 in the 400 range that I think would be good to start with. Any know issues with those I should look for Phil?

Comment

Last time i went shooting I did a triple with an 870 with a 26" barrrel and i barely ever shoot. Once you pick it up, its easy. Remington model 1100 is a very nice trap gun and wont break the bank too bad. You can prob get one for around a grand.

http://remington.com/products/firear...ssic-trap.aspx

edit: just read phils post and he mentioned it already. carry on

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I think I would prefer a gas gun to eat up a little recoil. Hoffmans has some used 1100 in the 400 range that I think would be good to start with.
            I shot a Beretta 3901 with the 28" barrel a couple of weeks ago, and i highly recommend it if you want a gas gun.

Comment

Ill look for one tonight. I may take a ride to Hoffmans later.

Comment

Do not buy a Mossberg Over/under or a Remington Spartan or a Stoeger anything. They are abysmal pieces of shit that you cannot get parts for because they are either made in Turkey by incompetent Muslims or Italians that just don't give a fuck.

Stay away from CHEAP Over/under and Side by Side shotguns. You'll regret it when they break and you may as well have a big fucking stick you can't do shit with.
                sigpic

Comment

Thx Ill look into an 1100 or an 11-87

Comment

Thx Ill look into an 1100 or an 11-87
                    Awesome.

Get the 1100 over the 11-87, though, but they are both good guns.
                    sigpic

Comment

No trap but I would like to shoot some people
                      HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                      OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

I shoot Skeet.

giggity
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainInsano View Post
                          No trap but I would like to shoot some people
                          You have no idea. Some...most of them are my customers.
                          sigpic

Comment

i know what you were thinkin when you saw i replied phil

obviously not about guns because you dont know anything about them

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Like Clockwork. Like fucking Clockwork.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X