Concealed Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Weapon

Just found out that colorado allows you to carry a concealed weapon with just a permit. Its like a $150 fee and you're good to carry. Tossing around the idea of buying a gun now....
    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Vague topic is vague.

You just learned that a state in the United States allows you to carry a firearm?
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

yea, sorry working the overnight shift, pretty bored here, never owned a gun before and living here i think it'd be cool to get something to take wheeling in the mountains and just do target practice and so on, just an added bonus that i can carry around legally. Growing up in ct i never really thought that it would be an option.
      Last edited by bangarang; 08-27-2010, 07:07 AM.
      1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
      2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

You can carry a concealed weapon here in CT, too, with a Permit.
        sigpic

Comment

lesson learned, call me dumb then, i never knew
          1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
          2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            You can carry a concealed weapon here in CT, too, with a Permit.
            Or open.

And you can even have a silenced machine gun in CT.

Just most people don't know that around here.

They just band dangerous weapons in CT, nightsticks, brass knuckles, tazers, you know the real dangerous weapons.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

The only states that will never issue you a pistol permit for any type of carry are Wisconsin and Illinois.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                Or open.

And you can even have a silenced machine gun in CT.

Just most people don't know that around here.

They just band dangerous weapons in CT, nightsticks, brass knuckles, tazers, you know the real dangerous weapons.
                The biggest misconception about firearm laws usually revolve around full auto weapons and silencers. Some people just think that everything is Illegal. My response to that is simple; 'If you pay the government enough money, you can own anything'.
                sigpic

Comment

Seems kinda odd wisconsin won't issue one being that most of the state is wilderness. You would think that the so called "peope who know whats good for society" would allow all those things over a firearm.
                  1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                  2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Originally posted by bangarang View Post
                    Seems kinda odd wisconsin won't issue one being that most of the state is wilderness. You would think that the so called "peope who know whats good for society" would allow all those things over a firearm.
                    I still haven't figured that out either, and on the flip side of that you have Vermont which has more hippies than Woodstock yet their firearm laws are so relaxed it's mind numbingly confusing.
                    sigpic

Comment

its also vermont, you can pretty much do whatever you'd like up there and not be reprimanded what so ever, except underage drinking they highly frown upon that
                      1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                      2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Why don't you buy a rifle, like a .22 or a lever action 30-30, to carry with you on the trails when you're in your jeep anyway?
                        sigpic

Comment

Was thinking about that, but might as well carry around a pellet gun if i had a 22, was thinking more along the lines of a shotgun in the case we come along a not so friendly bear or mountain cat while in the backcountry
                          1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                          2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Then buy a 45-70. I'm going to start building one today.
                            sigpic

Comment

good luck trying to stop a bear with a pistol.
                              If that is what your worried about carry a shot gun, and a pistol for secondary.

I like the line "Better to carry and not need then need and not carry."

But then again my work as an anti gun rule, so I hardly carry. I did just pick up a small safe I can leave in the car.
                              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
                              X