cat people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat people

Just got a kitten, first cat ive ever had. cute as can be and well got him home and he is scared shitless. if i pick him up he's shaking, wont touch food or water, he hid hit the litter box for an hour till i took him out. he will just sit in a corner and meow. right now he moved to under my computer desk where im sitting which i guess is a good sign, but i dunno.

any suggestions? i bought him toys, food ect. just wait it out? i honestly dont think he was handled a ton at his last residence, and there was 5 other cats there. the dude took care of them i think they seemed well fed, he got them all the shots they needed, spayed and neutered them ect.

maybe im just overly worried lol. i dunno. help a brother and his new homie out. what should i do?
    Originally posted by gmc4cw
    if someone can look at your rig and still tell what it was, then you have a long way to go before its destroyed. if you continue to wheel it after said destruction then you are truely special. :shock:

honestly, just wait it out. we got my cats from a shelter when they were just kittens, and when we brought them home they were so scared and nervous. as time went on they explored the house, very slowly and carefully and got used to all of us...now they won't leave us alone just when he gets close to you maybe try to hold him, pet him...give him affection haha...that way they know they can trust you and won't be so nervous when you're around
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

cool, ill give it a shot. he just put his paws on my leg when i was like want to come up he was like OMFG SHITS RUN.
      if someone can look at your rig and still tell what it was, then you have a long way to go before its destroyed. if you continue to wheel it after said destruction then you are truely special. :shock:

Comment

yeah...they get used to things/people on their own time...my cats were very nervous at first...and like i said now they walk right up to anyone and everyone...they think they're dogs.
        2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

yeahh just give em time mine was scared shit when he first came home now he runs this place lol
          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

The two latest cats I acquired were both rescues, one from the offramp from 84 to rte 8- don't ask me how he got there, I have no fucking clue. All I know is I almost died grabbing him. They both sat in a corner and shook for a long time. Just leave food, water, and the litterbox somewhere where there's "shelter" close by and go about your business. They'll figure it out eventually, and you moving around acclimates them to people. It took a few days, but they both ended up letting me handle them and if I'd sit down near them they'd climb on me.

Let's see some pics!
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

With kittens it just takes time. just let them adapt.
              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

got any pics of the little one?
                99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

this fucker has sat here all night meowing. its 530am and all he's done is meow. uhg.

Comment

ok amazing he's purring like a mother fucker right now laying in my arms. he wont stay off me. just when i was laying in bed thinking about making him homeless cute sqeaky fucker

Comment

You'll quickly learn how the terms 'Scaredy Cat' and 'Curiosity Killed the Cat' were coined. At first my cats were scared of their own shadow and now since they've gotten used to the house they can't stop trying to get into every nook and cranny.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

if he wont eat and he is very young I would recommend wet cat food and lock him in a small bathroom or something with the food so he can find and eat it without being afraid of you.

when we got my cat she was a kitten and so young and so afraid, we had to feed her wet food and put her in a place without anything to scare her so she would eat.

Comment

so..... my cat has disapeared. I live in a 1 br 1 bath apartment and i know he's in the kitchen area, i just cant find him. i hear him every once in a while meow but i cant pin point him. arrrrg cats starting to annoy me.

Comment

and i found him. where the corners meet at the bottome cabinets, theres a hole underneath. i had to lay on the floor and wait and i see the fuckers head pop out and be like sup nigga? ill sup you nigga soon as you come out.

sigh.

Comment

aw...you'll learn to love him haha...just the other day one of my cats somehow got locked in one of our hallway closets....after hearing him meow for 10 mins i finally found him haha
                              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                              X