For you college children...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you college children...

Does anyone know how a work study program works???

I have been applying for jobs around my campus but to no avail and was looking on the penn state website and it says there are opportunities in the work study program... with zero information on what or how it works.

HELP!
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

from what i remember...work study was when you were qualified to work on a certain amount of hours a week.. or at least thats how new paltz worked...i never qualified haha
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

i know of work study in high school . . . which is basically what nicole said but i never heard of college workstudy. i thought everyone in college worked/studied cept for the kids there on their parents dime
      2 tj's
      3 yj's
      2 xj's
      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

It is basically a job that you get through the school, but off campus. Then you have to work a certain number of hours a week and meet these guidelines and goals as well as getting evaluated by the employer. It is actually a really good thing to do if you get into it.

At least I think that's how it was at Stockton. I had a an opportunity to do it, but since I played lax I had no time in the spring
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I think you need to be eligable for it first. Its not really something everyone can do
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I had a WIN situation of a work study. I got college credit for working at my job and my company paid me tuition reimbursement for it
            Essentially i would write about experience at work online once a week and got credit for it.

Comment

I did a work study in high school... got to leave early to go to work because it had to do with the boces class i took wasnt a bad deal
              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

I did work studies in high school, It was pretty cool when we were in shop i did not need to come in. You had to be approved to do it, had to have good grades and a good attendance record.
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

work study is when you work for money and college credit. usually in an area that you are pursuing a degree in. like an internship, but $$$
                  winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

I think at Delaware you have to apply for work study through financial aid, not sure if that's how all schools do it. I know our "on campus jobs" were separate from work study. I was eligible through my FAFSA freshman year but never followed through with it cause I didn't have time for a job at school til this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X