Dear mavis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear mavis

Well today i decided to get the 12.5's mounted and when i was there, i noted it like 5 times "keep the original tires, i need them for the winter".

Go there later, just the 12.5's are outside, go in and he said he had the guys put the tires on the side in case i wanted them, so of course, i said yes i want them. I load the tires up in the truck, get home and then when i go to unload the at's, i see that they cut chunks out of the bead down to the cords on all 4 of the tires!!! What the fuck mavis?

My dad calls them up, and the guy goes "maybe we can work something out, it didn't look like the tires could be used" even though the worst cut, was on the almost new tread.

Long story short, i have to keep the 12.5's on for the time being. We have to go down to mavis and the guy is going to measure the tread to see if i still have the tread life warrenty thing.

God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

ghey.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

which mavis was this?
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

New Milford CT

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

oh ive only been to the one in greenwich..i bought my STTs there and they were marvelous

that is bogus though with that one
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

this is why i do not trust shops. at all. ever.
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

The thing that pisses me off, is he didn't even write down i wanted the old tires, he said that i wasn't clear on that part. Ill have pics up tomorrow afternoon of the 12.5's on the jeep and the cuts

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

that sucks
                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

shitt hopefully they make good
                  89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                  95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                  97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                  If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

I like that mavis a lot up there. Sucks you had problems.
                    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

i use to install tires . . . it happens. some brands beads either aren't very flexible or are smaller than others and don't wrap around the rim nicely.

judging by how all 4 ripped it was either that or the guy really had no idea what the fuck he was doing

i dunno what to tell ya, shitty situation. i feel bad for both parties
                      2 tj's
                      3 yj's
                      2 xj's
                      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
                        i use to install tires . . . it happens. some brands beads either aren't very flexible or are smaller than others and don't wrap around the rim nicely.

judging by how all 4 ripped it was either that or the guy really had no idea what the fuck he was doing

i dunno what to tell ya, shitty situation. i feel bad for both parties
                        There was absolutely no lube used to take them off, and his excuse is they are dry-rotted. They usually have good service, but for him to tell me he had them hold on to the tires incase you needed them, when they got completely destroyed just irritates the hell out of me.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

these girls are 17 we dont need any fucking lube. they're good to go!

haha sorry had to. u dont use lube to take em off. the guy more than likely was a moron tho and didn't push the tire down enough to get it off the seat of the rim.
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

these girls are 17 we dont need any fucking lube. they're good to go!

haha sorry had to. u dont use lube to take em off. the guy more than likely was a moron tho and didn't push the tire down enough to get it off the seat of the rim.
                            and one little bottle of spermicidal lube
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

u dont use lube to take em off. the guy more than likely was a moron tho and didn't push the tire down enough to get it off the seat of the rim.

you do if there older tires which you got to save, lube makes a huge difference. Post up a pic of how bad there ripped. its not uncommon for 3-6" strips to come off old used tires if you dont use lube.
                              up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                              eliminator MJ - Sold
                              99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                              Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
                              X