Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
      welcome andy
      Hey buddy!!!
      Molten Motorsports - #4343/4443

Comment

are gonna race the xj next year at all or just the new rig with tim and you
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

are gonna race the xj next year at all or just the new rig with tim and you
          The idea is to keep the XJ until the new buggy is 100% ready. I know how much it sucks when you tare down a trail rig and have nothing to race or trail ride until the next one is built. The idea is to take our time and get it right out of the gate. It will be a no-frills buggy. Very simple and easy to do repairs and maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzaster View Post
            I know how much it sucks when you tare down a trail rig and have nothing to race or trail ride until the next one is built.
            take note dizzy
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
              take note dizzy
              notes taken. here is my only thought behind keeping a trail rig while i build my buggy. if i keep the xj while i build the buggy and wheel it i'll just keep putting money into it and not the buggy. look how much zullo got done on his since he got rid of the xj. i can only imagine going on wheeling trips without a rig like riding along will just make me work harder to get it done. with that said smart decision andy.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Price one out then multiply it by 2. Every time it breaks it will cost 10 fold more then it will to fix the xj. Also you need s tow rig. Imo a buggy is not worth the time or money for what the majority of this club does.
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                  Price one out then multiply it by 2. Every time it breaks it will cost 10 fold more then it will to fix the xj. Also you need s tow rig. Imo a buggy is not worth the time or money for what the majority of this club does.
                  this x1000

im gonna quit busting your balls, but save a buggy for when you live in a house of your own/have a career/stable standing/have a tow rig/have a place to keep all of it. there is nothing reliable/cheap/convenient about a buggy build...you have all the evidence in the world to support this so its def not just my word

an XJ (not overbuilt) with a separate DD will be miles ahead of a buggy in usability and practicality and cost. wheelin is wheelin.

thats my opinion...but as they say opinions are like assholes. do what you will!
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

look how much zullo got done on his since he got rid of the xj. i can only imagine going on wheeling trips without a rig like riding along will just make me work harder to get it done.
                    Killing my XJ sucks ass.

I have had nothing to drive all summer, and i hate wheeling if i'm not driving, its boring and sucks cause i have no means of self entertainment other than touching myself and drinking beer.

That being said, yes it boosted the progress of my new buggy with a nice little shockwave of money, but all it really did was buy expensive parts, like the atlas and the coilovers. And its still no where near as much money as i needed.

I don't like talking numbers, but at first i planned on a much simpler truck with a dana 300 and junkyard 60's. a build right around $8-10k done right.

It has evolved to a budget of about $15k literally overnight.
                    just by deciding to go with top dollar big parts. The money adds up fast too, its a couple hundred here and a couple hundred there.

By no means am i trying to discourage you at all, but for the $3k you're gonna get from a part out, wait till the end and use it to buy a trailer when the buggy's done.

I don't know if you worked out buying parts through Tim now that you don't work there anymore, but i'm not even going to try and hide the fact that if i had to pay full retail price for all the stuff i need, i would not be able to afford building a buggy. That is going to play a major role in the cost of your truck.

but i'm not hi-jacking andy's welcome thread, we'll chat later dizz.
                    Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post

but i'm not hi-jacking andy's welcome thread,
                      I AM

but really...dizzy...look at that post above me, really look at it. and then take a look over on the side at who posted it

if that doesnt say something

i just dont know what does
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I AM

but really...dizzy...look at that post above me, really look at it. and then take a look over on the side at who posted it

if that doesnt say something

i just dont know what does

All these things you guys speak of, are the truth. Then read my little rant...

I have a complete buggy, tow rig, trailer, 45'x26' shop, sponsorship's and a great career. All this together and I am still going to struggle to put together the type of buggy I want.

I already have the engine, axles, coilovers, airbumps, wheels, tires, fuel cell, fuel pump, seats, harnesses, complete steering system, hiem joints, tube adapters, gauges, aluminum for floors, firewall and roof, trans cooler, griffin radiator and fans, and about $2000 worth of nuts and bolts. Welder, tube bender and all the tools I need to make this thing happen.

That leaves me with the transmission and transfer case and 300' of DOM when it comes to the big stuff.

I have all those things going for me and it is still going to be a bitch to fund and put this thing together. Money is one thing, the time away from family, friends and your bed is another. If you have time, use it. Take your time and get it right. If you ever question "should I get this part? I know I want it at some point because it is so much stronger then my other options." GET IT! Take the extra time and money to get the right parts. The biggest mistake with my rig was running a D44. 12+ broken shafts later I learned my lesson and got a D60 and put chromo's in it.

As you can see, I went from a stock XJ to 33' to 44/9" and 36's to D60/14b and 38.5's. I have been through hell and back with building this thing. Learn to wheel with a stock rig on 35's then make the jump to 60's.

I am going to step down off my soup box now and get some coffee...

BTW, I am picking up another XJ on Monday. Hooray for having a running full body rig again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzaster View Post

BTW, I am picking up another XJ on Monday. Hooray for having a running full body rig again.
                          does this mean youll come wheeling now?
                          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

does this mean youll come wheeling now?

Since it is still 100% stock, that would be pretty lame.

I am going to start getting the buggy back together and go wheeling with you guys as soon as I can. I really want to just hit the trails with it and not race for once. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to get some shots of it in action so I have something to put up on the new shops walls.

Comment

id rather explain myself to William in person than give away my secrets to where the financing for this rig is coming from. and nothing from my xj is going to fund the buggy.
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

the top secret $20k title sponsorship. here we go lol
                                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                                X