Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New From LI

Hey Guys,

Names Derek from Babylon, NY. Picked up a 2001 Cherokee in September. So far I have replaced the front seats with Corebeu RS seats, real comfortable, and I put in a yellow top optima with a kill switch to cut power just to the starter when I leave my car overnight. Not great mods yet just kept me busy for a little while. Just got my first legit job after college so I am planning on some big upgrades this Spring. I am planning on swapping in an 8.8 and a D44 hopefully with either 4:56 or 4:88. Looking at the RE Hybrid 5" lift from DPG Offroad but undecided thus yet if anyone has any suggestions. To go with the lift Ill put in an SYE and CV drive shaft. Need alot of help so any and all advice will be much appreciated. Anybody else on LI close to Babylon?
    Attached Files

Sounds like a great plan laid out so far. Someday I would like to do something similar to what you have with that power kill to the starter...

welcome!
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

ah! yay!!!!!!! more LIers

i'm from huntington, not terribly far away...
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Quick, get off that Island....
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Kill Switch

Yea the Kill Switch was nice but it took all day. A good friend of mine helped me and we replaced alot of the wires with heavy 4 and 6 wire soldered all the connections used only brass and stainless steel. I did screw it up though. I mounted the switch so that you cant get the hood holder upper thing with out turning the switch off....Yea I had the hood up the hole day and didn't notice it until I was done. Ill post pics as soon as I get the time to take them..... Huntington is not that far! nice once I get the jeep lifted looking to get a group to go back down to Rausch Creek.... I never took my other truck down there because I didn't want to get it stuck in between two trees....picture below....

Hardest thing was getting everything in that to fit into the jeep.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            Quick, get off that Island....
            Im trying I swear!!!! with the new job I will be able to move out of here once I get some money together....looking at NH or something along those lines.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lifesabeach01 View Post
              Yea the Kill Switch was nice but it took all day. A good friend of mine helped me and we replaced alot of the wires with heavy 4 and 6 wire soldered all the connections used only brass and stainless steel. I did screw it up though. I mounted the switch so that you cant get the hood holder upper thing with out turning the switch off....Yea I had the hood up the hole day and didn't notice it until I was done. Ill post pics as soon as I get the time to take them..... Huntington is not that far! nice once I get the jeep lifted looking to get a group to go back down to Rausch Creek.... I never took my other truck down there because I didn't want to get it stuck in between two trees....picture below....

Hardest thing was getting everything in that to fit into the jeep.
              We start having runs, especially to Rausch, once it starts thawing out a little bit. You should definitely come along. Our first major club ride is in April, it'll be posted up about soon
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

come to our meet & greet on Feb. 20th!

where are you working? and yes, i hear you on leaving the island! i'm trying myself as well...
                2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

I would like to get this rig trail capable by april...waiting on my tax money back should be enough to cover lift, sye, CV shaft, and tires....

I went to NY Maritime and have been working on the training ship there since May.....went on it for 3 months at sea came back and worked on it at the pier......just got hired by a tug company in the harbor..... I have orders as of now to leave next wed. for a few weeks....idk where to or on what boat yet but I know ill be gone for 2 or 3 weeks.....but then ill be home for an equal amount of time which leaves me plenty of time to work on the jeep

Comment

sounds like jon

hes a member here who did a merchant marine program at mass maritime. home 10 weeks, gone 10 weeks on a boat
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Yea its a pretty good schedule.....6 months vacation....6 months to spend money on the jeep.....Im going to need another job......

Comment

welcome
                        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

who is your favorite Jersey Shore character?
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I do not watch Jersey shore sorry.....ha ha......

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                              who is your favorite Jersey Shore character?

only one of them is from LI

go pick someone up
                              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                              X