Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best lift kit you could buy
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Wut up man welcome, howz bout sum pics..
      DONT GET MAD GET ROWDY !!!

Comment

sounds sweet!!! welcome to SiS and get some pics up!!

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
          don;t waste waste you time and money like me and many others have done in the past, go directly to SOA with a SYE and a CV driveshaft

Welcome to sis
          and how do i do that ? lol like the thread said im teh newb iver worked on cars my whole life but just got into offroading so
          95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

SOA (spring over axle) is simply moving the spring perches to the top of the axle. Problem with that is the steering needs to be redone, you need a slip yoke eliminator(sye) and a cv (constant velocity) driveshaft. Lots of little things need to be done to make it work right, but you'll end up with a nice flexy suspension with about 5.5 inches of lift, if you keep the stock springs.

I'm going the other route. Keeping mine as low as possible but still fitting the biggest tires i can, and trying to get as much flex as possible too. Honestly, both ways have their pros and cons, just depends who your talking to.

Now that i've confused you more...
            have a nice night
            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
              SOA (spring over axle) is simply moving the spring perches to the top of the axle. Problem with that is the steering needs to be redone, you need a slip yoke eliminator(sye) and a cv (constant velocity) driveshaft. Lots of little things need to be done to make it work right, but you'll end up with a nice flexy suspension with about 5.5 inches of lift, if you keep the stock springs.

I'm going the other route. Keeping mine as low as possible but still fitting the biggest tires i can, and trying to get as much flex as possible too. Honestly, both ways have their pros and cons, just depends who your talking to.

Now that i've confused you more...
              have a nice night
              nope i acctually understood that to the fullest the little accronims confused me honestly lol
              95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

how much are you thinking about lifting it?
                what size tire do you want to run?
                do you mind clearancing the fenders?
                Do you have a heavy right foot?

all this goes into what your gonna need to do to build a nice jeep.

and the biggest question...
                whats your budget? (and whatever it is... it will be double in a year if your anything like me )

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
                  how much are you thinking about lifting it?
                  what size tire do you want to run?
                  do you mind clearancing the fenders?
                  Do you have a heavy right foot?

all this goes into what your gonna need to do to build a nice jeep.

and the biggest question...
                  whats your budget? (and whatever it is... it will be double in a year if your anything like me )
                  2' or 2.5" for now, 32" tires, idk, yes lol
                  My budget is nothing i save money to spend money so what ever really i just save up money enough to buy what i want...lol

Comment

if you don't mind some trimming you can fit 33's with no lift if you run the right backspacing
                    see:

Comment

Holy no fenders
                      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

just do 2 inch and 31's.... a good combo to start with
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Welcome.

[/IMG][quote=ruecifur;22711]if you don't mind some trimming you can fit 33's with no lift if you run the right backspacing

Actually you can go a lot more than 33's without even going SOA
                          If you can buy the parts in a store, is it realy custom?
                          -T.M.

Plans: dodge bullets.

Comment

Velcome to teh madness.
                            96 XJ Sport
                            6" Full Traction Longarm Lift
                            Locked Front and Rear

83 CJ7 (Sarge)To be continued...

Comment

Working...
                            X