lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifting

right now i have a stock set up on my 98 zj if i put on a 2 inch lift would i be able to put on 32's
    TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

you would have to trim, with a 3.5 in lift you can fit 32's with just trimming the front bumper, and the bottom piece of the bumper that runs along the width of front end
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

any guides or forums already done up on showing how to do that
      TeamRedNReckless

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

I'm sure theres plenty of write ups on here that will show/tell you how to do it. Just search around in the build threads, Swamp thing just trimmed his i think.
        1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
        1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
        2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

well i dont really want to trim so if i got a higher lift would that be a possibility
          TeamRedNReckless

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

dont rly want to do any serious rock crawling only trail and a lil bit of mud its going to be for show too so i want it to look nice
            TeamRedNReckless

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

With a 3 in lift i used to run 32's and only rubbed a little bit. Its all about your bumpstops too, bigger the stop the less likely you're gonna smash a fender with a tire, but also less flex. I think a lot of guys on here like to keep a lcog so they do that. There should be a couple threads on that too.
              1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
              1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
              2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

if you're running a dana35 in the rear i wouldn't go bigger than 31's

Comment

3.5" with 35s

you can make 2" with 32s work, but i really dont even like bb's in the first place, there kinda just a waste of money cuz most likely you will upgrade to springs eventually.

do a front to rear spring swap an buy any 3-4" front spring you want,i run a ome 3.5". you will need at least a rear track bar drop bracket an a new adj front one, i would suggest a double shear one so it doesnt blow up in five min of wheelin.
                  97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

This is my friends jeep I put a 2" bb on and 31x10.5 mickey thompson MTZ's.

All I did was trim the front bumper a little bit. He probably could put 32's on right now. We actually put my 35's on for shits and giggles, but when we let his jeep down the fenders were on the tires.

But with enough cutting and bumpstopping you can make anything work.

Comment

Working...
                    X